• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by G-Man View Post
    Those vuvuzelas were great;
    Yup.

Comment

What's the evidence of the coach being a fascist?

I'm not sure that any of the teams who have a chance of winning the tournament are remotely likeable. England, oddly, are the least objectionable but their chances are remote despite a favourable draw.

Comment

Germany are likable enough. No big divas or snide henchmen in the team, kind conduct after beating Brazil 7-1, no excuse-making after losing to Mexico... Argentina and Belgium seem quite unobjectionable. I'd not be sad if Portugal won the thing, Pepe notwithstanding.

England are OK, but Delle Alli as a World Cup winner is too much to stomach. Imagine all the shit he'll get away with when he's a world champion.

As for Fernando Hierro, finding anything about him on Google that is not about the World Cup is presently impossible, but I thought it was pretty well-known from his playing days that he has fascist leanings. It certainly was a point of discussion on OTF back in the day. Someone on Twitter apparently said that Hierro "makes Di Canio look like Neville Southall".

Comment

Germany are likable enough. No big divas or snide henchmen in the team
          Dunno, Thomas Müller comes across as a bit of a wanker

Comment

Thomas Muller is basically the German Andy Murray. I wouldn't mind him all that much. The problem with Thomas muller is that something seems to have broken in him between the end of the 2015-16 season, and the start of euro 2016

Comment

England are OK, but Delle Alli as a World Cup winner is too much to stomach. Imagine all the shit he'll get away with when he's a world champion.
              Of course he's been a bit of a dick over the past couple of years, but what is it that you think he's 'got away with'? His conduct has (rightly) earned him yellow cards, red cards, a three-match ban and several warnings from his superiors. And thankfully he's toned things down in recent months.

But I shouldn't fret about his becoming a world champion any time soon.

Comment

His boohoo clothing line advertised all over Tyne & Wear metro gets on my nerves

Comment

Originally posted by Jah Womble View Post
                  Of course he's been a bit of a dick over the past couple of years, but what is it that you think he's 'got away with'? His conduct has (rightly) earned him yellow cards, red cards, a three-match ban and several warnings from his superiors. And thankfully he's toned things down in recent months.
                  He still hasn’t got any of the red cards he’s deserved in domestic football, has he? He picked one up in the CL where his protected status as England poster boy isn’t valid.

Comment

Originally posted by ad hoc View Post
                    Dunno, Thomas Müller comes across as a bit of a wanker
                    You think so? He, like Mario Gomez, often takes the piss out of himself in interviews.

Hummels is the biggest wanker in the squad, although he's only a bit of a wanker. See also: Reus and Draxler.

Comment

Müller is indeed self-deprecating. He's quite witty and great with media. There's nothing to dislike about him -- and I say that as a life-long hater of Bayern.

Comment

Perhaps if I spoke German and understood his off field communication, I'd feel differently. On field he's niggly and entitled. He's no Pepe/Ramos, obviously, but he is no saint. He reminds me a bit of Deco

Comment

Originally posted by Бога Нет View Post
                          He still hasn’t got any of the red cards he’s deserved in domestic football, has he? He picked one up in the CL where his protected status as England poster boy isn’t valid.
                          See, rather than entering into discussion, this kind of comment just comes over as a bit petulant to me. For a start, Alli isn't England's poster boy by any stretch (if it's anyone, it's Kane) - and most of his press over the past couple of years has been for several misdemeanours (including 'flipping the bird' incident) and, before that, his undoubted ability.

If you think English referees are under some kind of instruction not to punish him, well, it's hard to know where to go with that, tbh.

Comment

G-man, maybe you are mixing him up with Salva Ballesta?

Comment

Originally posted by Jah Womble View Post
                              If you think English referees are under some kind of instruction not to punish him, well, it's hard to know where to go with that, tbh.
                              If you can’t concede that current English international favourites have always received the benefit of the doubt, at least, from domestic referees then I don’t know what you’ve been watching for decades.
                              Last edited by Ray de Galles; 21-06-2018, 14:44.

Comment

Same in Scotland- some of the shit I've seen Scott Brown get away with

Comment

Oh, I’m sure it happens to an extent in most if not all leagues..but it certainly happens.

Comment

I'll not say that it 'never' happens - after all, I can't prove that - but favourable treatment is more often a convenient narrative than it is a reality.

(I could be wrong, but I suspect that there's likely to be a frequent conflict of interest when these Premier Lge 'poster boys' line up on opposing sides the majority of weekends.)

Comment

There's a noticeable pattern of him not getting booked for things you feel other players would get booked for. It was more noticeable the season they lost out to Leicester.

Comment

Working...
                                      X