No announcement yet.

I can see Spain from here: Portugal v Morocco

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This ref is not covering himself in glory. The US's only representation at the tournament? Wonder if he got instructions from Trump to screw the Muslims

Comment

Originally posted by ad hoc View Post
      Morocco in the first half against Iran were great (didn't see the second heard it was crap) and in this game too. They really deserve a goal.
      Even in the second half, Morocco generated the best chance through a beautiful attack, but the Iranian keeper did well. One defensive brainfart later, they find themselves with nil points in a group also featuring Portugal and Spain; two of the only three* teams that have performed like actual title candidates so far. Morocco are far from the worst team at this World Cup, but I expect them to go home pointless through sheer bad luck.

*I'd nominate second-half Belgium as the third team, although first-half Belgium wouldn't fit the description.

Comment

Russia may give Portugal a tough game.

Comment

One of these days, that probing right-wing play will pay off for Morocco. Soon, preferably.

Comment

Morocco will continue to press and look decent, portugal will get a second goal about the 68th minute and that'll be that. Morocco like Unlucky Alf from the fast show.

Comment

Originally posted by N est à? View Post
              They are, but can see them getting sucker punched again
              Absolutely, the space they have given Portuguese attackers at times is ridiculous.

Comment

Morocco's training sessions must consist of beautiful fast triangles and crosses, to a cone standing in the six yard box. Which is great, except they forgot to replace the cone.

Comment

Haven't seen the first half. How is Belhanda playing today? He was excellent at Montpellier a few years ago, they even won the title in 2012, had a great team then (Olivier Giroud, Cabella etc.)

Comment

Following on tee rex, it does seem as if Morocco are taking their role as Holland surrogates (half a dozen players eligible for the Oranje) a bit too seriously.

Comment

That half time bantz "feature" on the BBC made me feel nostalgic for the borscht cooking yesterday.

Comment

Originally posted by ad hoc View Post
                        This ref is not covering himself in glory. The US's only representation at the tournament? Wonder if he got instructions from Trump to screw the Muslims
                        Please, can we keep him out of it at least here in the world cup chapter? Please?
                        I'm going to have a brain explosion from his name being mentioned whatever the topic is in the world. Every page on the Internet I visit, his name pops up sooner or later it seems. All the Swedish daily papers, the first name mentioned every single bloody day past decade, it feels, is his and what he's said or what his wife was wearing. So I stopped visiting them.
                        I'm begging you, and all.
                        Can we at least take a break during the world cup and in the world cup chapter, bringing that moron in?
                        I only came in for the world cup so, once it's over no more demands from me.

Comment

Who is the commentator on the BBC? She seems quite old school in the, not talking for the sake of it, type of way. Just explains what's going on and let's Keown talk crap.

Comment

Again, Rui Patricio with an excellent save.

Comment

Originally posted by tee rex View Post
                              Morocco's training sessions must consist of beautiful fast triangles and crosses, to a cone standing in the six yard box. Which is great, except they forgot to replace the cone.

The BBC commentary mentioned that they tried to get Munir to replace the cone, but he wasn't eligible.

Comment

Morocco deserve something, but they aren’t going to get it from Rui Patricio

Comment

Don't know if I should be impressed with Morocco or unimpressed with Portugal. Tough to say. I warned about Morocco ahead of the WC but am not sure.

Comment

Anyone familiar with Geiger's body of work in MLS and CONCACAF is not surprised by today's performance

Comment

Originally posted by longeared View Post
                                      That half time bantz "feature" on the BBC made me feel nostalgic for the borscht cooking yesterday.
                                      I quite enjoyed that. At least it was about football and , of course, because Ricardo's domination over England in 2004-6 is one of the greatest stories in human history.
                                      Last edited by Ray de Galles; 20-06-2018, 13:19.

Comment

They're getting them on target now, at least.

Comment

Too bad it was Benatia in the end of that chance

Comment

what an oppo the skipper's just scuffed

Comment

Originally posted by Бога Нет View Post
                                              I quite enjoyed that. At least it was about football and , of course, because Ricardo's domination over England in 2004-6 is one of the greatest stories in human history.
                                              It’s not mentioned enough, but saving a penalty bare-handed, then stepping up to take the winning penalty is probably the best thing in a shootout ever. What a badass.

Comment

If Portugal get a goal against them, will they start to shake like so many times before? Ronaldo or no Ronaldo.

Comment

He definitely raised and extended his arms there

Comment

Originally posted by Incandenza View Post
                                                    It’s not mentioned enough, but saving a penalty bare-handed, then stepping up to take the winning penalty is probably the best thing in a shootout ever. What a badass.
                                                    The interview with him actually went in to the psychology of why he shed the gloves for Vassell (he was the one England player who he had no notes or video of penalty technique for so he just tried to spook him by throwing away the gloves) and with all of his other saves over the two tournaments. Like I say, it was actually decent coverage albeit presented in a achingly "let's appeal to the millennials" manner!
                                                    Last edited by Ray de Galles; 20-06-2018, 13:31.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X