No announcement yet.

Russia v Egypt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No it was a Pharaoh crown type thing. Clearly a novelty item.

EDIT: @Bored
    Last edited by Patrick Thistle; 19-06-2018, 19:51.

Comment

Ger Canning will never be a good football commentator.

Nor any other kind of commentator.

Comment

88 minutes to go and 3-1 up and Russia bring people up for a corner. None of this 'tap it about and waste some time' nonsense. I like that.

Comment

Really sorry for Egypt but that game was great because both teams made it so. I have a bit of a man crush on Mo Salah

Comment

In no way am I a big fan of Russia, both the football team and the regime. But I do appreciate the potential poetic justice of Russia eliminating the Salah-hobbling Sergio Ramos and his Spanish compadres in the next round.

Comment

No love for Russia (obligatory disclaimer) but always enjoy seeing a Charlie Austin centre forward scoring and giving hope to the Big Units.

Comment

Originally posted by Jah Womble View Post
                (CrumpetCam very much in evidence, as well.)
                The same two women, half a dozen times. Stalking.

Comment

Hiddink's Russia were decent, weren't they? Euro semi finalists in fact. I guess it's not beyond the realms of possibility that a well-organised and highly motivated host could go quite deep in the tournament,

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Thistle View Post
                    No it was a Pharaoh crown type thing. Clearly a novelty item.

EDIT: @Bored
                    Yeah, i knew that - I was being arch.

Originally posted by Patrick Thistle View Post
                    88 minutes to go and 3-1 up and Russia bring people up for a corner. None of this 'tap it about and waste some time' nonsense. I like that.
                    Yes, noticed that. I really liked them actually despite being predisposed against them.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin S View Post
                      Hiddink's Russia were decent, weren't they? Euro semi finalists in fact. I guess it's not beyond the realms of possibility that a well-organised and highly motivated host could go quite deep in the tournament,
                      They have to get past Spain or Portugal in the Round of 16.

Comment

Egypt had too many players from the likes of Stoke and West Brom. Need to be higher up the pyramid.

Comment

No points from two games. I guess sphinx can only get better.

Comment

It must be hard to take. Bet they're in denial.

Comment

Originally posted by Bordeaux Education View Post
                              Yeah, i knew that - I was being arch.
                              Ah, sorry. I thought it was another 'Ray Lewington?' or 'Gammon?' situation.

Yes, noticed that. I really liked them actually despite being predisposed against them.
                              They did a good job of winning me over. Is it possible to separate a national team from the nation? A kind of 'love the players, not the badge' kind of situation.

Comment

How some people luxoriate in bad puns...

Comment

I think it's pharoah-nuff to make puns.

Comment

Sorry. That one was a Shu in. I should get onto the comedy Serquet

Comment

I didn't think you were that sort of Giza.

Comment

Russia look like a really well organised team playing safe but effective football. Certainly more so than a lot of teams here. Didn't really see the "worst host team ever" tag (rankings notwithstanding) and they are going to top the group.

Oh, yes, third goal confirms that.
                                        Their Group is so incredibly fucking easy it's a joke. Saudi arabia are a shambles, and there's a reason Egypt haven't qualified since Italia 90. Uruguay are also a team that is possibly even slower than the Russians. that third goal was very neat indeed.

Comment

Originally posted by Wouter D View Post
                                          That is a good goal too.

Not a big fan of the Russian team, but it's almost certain now that they manage to make it to the next round without the help of any dodgy refereeing nonsense. Well deserved, in fact.
                                          Deep down, we all suspect the whole squad is juiced up to the eyeballs, don’t we?

Comment

Originally posted by Various Artist View Post
                                            I didn't think you were that sort of Giza.

Tut, tut.

Comment

In case anyone was getting confused, this is not, I repeat not, the Guardian comment section. I'll be asking anyone making shit puns to Cleo off.

Comment

Aw Snake: there were only a pair amid the rest of the thread.

Comment

Careful, he might seize our assets.

Comment

Regardless of the opposition (and Egypt aren't that bad), the quality of Russia's finishing has been better than anyone expected - and more efficient than anyone else's, at least so far.

The group isn't the hardest, but - let's face it - they've been hustling us in the build-up to the tournament.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X