Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Russia v Egypt

Someone needs to start it.

Russia's 5-0 against Saudi means that a draw could well be good enough here for them. I can't see the Saudi's being that generous again in defence, so whilst i can see them losing every game I don't think it will be such a big margin.

Comment

Egypt to sneak a 1-0 win.

Comment

Comment

John Strong on Fox: "Dzyuba was only on for 89 seconds when he scored the decisive 3rd goal" for Russia against Saudi Arabia. Not sure how the third goal in a 5-0 victory is the decisive one...

Comment

I'm concerned for Egypt here. Russia actually look half decent, rather than just a team who got lucky and ran up a cricket score against some really shit Saudis

Comment

These teams both look well up for it. Very nice attack from Egypt just now ending with the shot flying past the far post.

Comment

Very committed match, this.

Comment

(CrumpetCam very much in evidence, as well.)

Comment

I love that Egypt are called the Pharoahs. "Yeah, we were building stuff too big for you lot to nick 4000 years ago." England should call themselves the Druids. Norway could be the Blood Eagles.

Comment

I'm no tactical genius, but I don't think Egypt's long passing ploy is going to bring them much joy tonight.

Comment

Any cursory glance at "English" history confirms that "we" drove Druids off into the wild bits like Wales and Cornwall. Let's not try and claim otherwise.

Comment

Probably a wise decision. Smelly hippies.

Comment

Just got in and turned on the telly. I like the Egyptian hat being worn by one of the fans there.

Comment

Originally posted by Rogin the Armchair fan View Post
                              Any cursory glance at "English" history confirms that "we" drove Druids off into the wild bits like Wales and Cornwall. Let's not try and claim otherwise.
                              4000 years ago the Angles would have been a random German tribe, wouldn't they?

Comment

I'm tired after that half

Comment

Salah wearing 10 for Egypt,it's available for Liverpool since Coutinho left,wonder if he'll switch

Comment

Lineker and his pals are being very dismissive - why? The action was relentless! (No stoppage time at all tells us that...)

Comment

Originally posted by Jah Womble View Post
                                      Lineker and his pals are being very dismissive - why? The action was relentless! (No stoppage time at all tells us that...)
                                      Agree there was absolutely no break there and both teams are really going for it

Comment

The Dutch TV pundits started their commentary by explicitly noting that it may be 0-0 but it is most definitely not boring.

Comment

Yes, very watchable. I fear the ref or VAR will find a Russian penalty when needed, too much early shirt swapping from Egypt.

I could do without 4 or 5 replays for each incident. Nearly missed a goal.

Comment

One or two empty seats at the start of the second half, there.

Comment

Fuck

Comment

Who all missed a goal

Comment

Oops

Comment

Working...
                                                  X