Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which World Cup Countries Have You Visited As A Tourist?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've been a tourist in England, France, Belgium, Germany, Switzerland, Spain and Australia.

I've also been a refugee in Senegal, if that counts.
    Last edited by Patrick Thistle; 19-06-2018, 18:49. Reason: Forgot Australia!

Comment

Think you need to start a new thread for refugeeship

Comment

But obviously you also need to tell the story

Comment

When I was a kid my parents lived in the Gambia. A Marxist group attempted a coup and said they would shoot all the white people they found. My parents had a half hour warning to get in the car and go. My mum, another woman, me, my brother and the other woman's four girls were crammed into a car and we high tailed it through the bush to the Senegal border.

The revolutionaries used the President's absence from the country to attempt the coup. The President was at the wedding of Charles and Di. My refugee story is also my 'do you remember the Charles and Diana wedding' story as well.

Comment

Croatia, Belgium, France, England, Serbia (as FYR), Denmark, Switzerland, Germany, Sweden, Spain, Portugal

Comment

England, France, Spain, Egypt, Portugal, Morocco, Denmark, Croatia, Switzerland, Germany, Mexico, Sweden, Belgium, Poland.

Comment

If any two out of the USA, Italy, Holland, Ireland, Czechia, Norway, Greece, Turkey, Slova, Slovakia, Montenegro, Bosnia, Slovenja, Azerbaijan, Luxembourg, Malta or even San Marino could have got off their bums and qualified I'd have visited half the finalists.
                Last edited by Rogin the Armchair fan; 19-06-2018, 21:49.

Comment

Group A: Uruguay
                  Group B: Portugal, Spain
                  Group C: France
                  Group D: Argentina (three times as a tourist before I lived here)
                  Group E: None*
                  Group F: Germany, Mexico
                  Group G: England (three times as a tourist since moving to Argentina), No others*
                  Group H: None

*Some of you lot would count Brazil and Belgium as well. I have changed planes a few times in Brazil and have been across the border at Cataratas del Iguazú twice, both times for about five hours. I do not count this as having been to Brazil. Similarly, I have driven through Belgium and got off a school coach at a motorway stop to buy Belgian chocolates before getting back on it half an hour later. This does not mean I have visited Belgium.

Comment

Belgium, France, Mexico, Spain, Switzerland

This is another reason to be annoyed with Italy for not qualifying.

Comment

I'm impressed by how little travelled I actually am...

Comment

Working...
                      X