Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pacific derby - Colombia v Japan

Just a bit of water between them...

Colombia in yellow/white/white which I take to be a FIFA edict as Japan in all "samurai" blue.

Comment

They wore their yellow shirts four times at the 2014 World Cup and had white shorts and socks every time.

(Greece, Ivory Coast, Japan, Uruguay)

Goals from last time:
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TAOBKnpmnOk

Comment

Yeah I'm well aware but that was the official first kit at the time (under the FIFA mono-colour or all light/dark edict or an interpretation of it by adidas) but they've since switched back to blue shorts and red socks for the first kit.
        Last edited by Ray de Galles; 19-06-2018, 11:21.

Comment

If Sweden-Korea was rather one-sided despite Sweden being mediocre, I think this one could be a trashing and Colombia will [as we say in Sweden] show where the fridge should stand.

Comment

Originally posted by Бога Нет View Post
            Yeah I'm well aware but that was the official first kit at the time (under the FIFA mono-colour or all light/dark edict) but they've since switched back to blue shorts and red socks.
            Ah, thanks for that. It's weird that they're going to these kinds of lengths to differentiate now after that opening match where they made the teams play in red vs green (a no-no in my book).

Comment

Apparently, James Rodriguez is not playing.

Comment

It can be enough with Falcao and Bacca

Comment

Falcao was absent in 2014 IIRC so it will be interesting to see how his presence affects their tactics.

Comment

Originally posted by Wouter D View Post
                    Apparently, James Rodriguez is not playing.
                    Still injured, apparently. Thankfully Cuadrado was passed fit.

Comment

First red...

Comment

Blimey. Another penalty!

Comment

Yes, Colombia, why don't you send forth even more guys complaining. I'm sure eventually the ref will change his mind about the red.

Comment

In all that chaos, did I spot some kind of keepers bottle-holder actually attached to the outside of the post?

Comment

Nice pen. Shambolic start for Colombia.

Comment

1-0 Japan - Kagawa's penalty is now the fastest goal of the tournament. (And preserves the lack of goalless draws.)

Too many spot-kicks for my liking, though.

Comment

Get in!

Utterly wanky behaviour from Colombia trying to put Kagawa off - first of all Sanchez refusing to leave the pitch for 3 minutes after the red card, and then Ospina whining about the ball not being on the penalty spot (it was).

Comment

Just got in from work to see Carlos Sanchez sent off.... Twatball-tastic!

Comment

Great twatball trifecta from sanchez, penalty conceded, sent off, probably fastest red card of the tournament

Comment

So right now Scandinavia is on seven points and mighty South America with three nations won the world cup several times, is on five.

Comment

Originally posted by Pietro Paolo Virdis View Post
                                          Yes, Colombia, why don't you send forth even more guys complaining. I'm sure eventually the ref will change his mind about the red.
                                          I presumed at least some of them were, incorrectly, claiming it shouldn't be a red card as well as a penalty under the recent rule change.

Comment

Picking loon Falcao as captain is as strange as picking Sonny Corleone to negotiate with Sollozzo.

Comment

I think we'll see a bit of that kind of behaviour - players hassling the referee to consult VAR, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Pietro Paolo Virdis View Post
                                                So right now Scandinavia is on seven points and mighty South America with three nations won the world cup several times, is on five.
                                                Why do South American countries do worse in European world cups than elsewhere? It was explicable before South Americans started playing in such great numbers for European clubs (and refs in 1966, for example, were very Eurocentric in interpreting player behaviour) but now?

Very early days, but winning England's group could now give you a Japan last 16 game, so maybe Belgium v England will now have something on it?

Comment

Originally posted by Бога Нет View Post
                                                  I presumed at least some of them were, incorrectly, claiming it shouldn't be a red card as well as a penalty under the recent rule change.
                                                  He's already showed it. I have never seen a ref changed from red to yellow. It's better to have a pep talk with your keeper and calm your troops down than waste it on the ref. Football has been played well over a hundred years and still some (players) think it will change anything surrounding the ref. It usually makes things worse, if anything.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X