Musicians Who Hated Each Other

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Musicians Who Hated Each Other

Don and Phil Everly, entering the stage from opposite sides and not looking at each other.

Simon and Garfunkel, ditto.

Sam and Dave

Comment

Mike and Ali Score from Flock of Seagulls. In fact, you could do a whole 'brothers who hate each other' thread.

Ray and Dave Davies. John and Tom Fogerty. The Gallaghers.

Comment

It's even stranger when there's an acrimonious split... then they re-unite and pretend everything's OK. Spandau Ballet and All Saints are good examples of this and as for David Lee Roth twice rejoining Van Halen, it's something I didn't think would happen once considering the things Eddie's said about him.

Comment

Not sure how Ian Brown and John Squire really feel about each other. I believe they were best buddies in the old days then fell out. Whether both of them really wanted to make it up or the reunion was just for the cash I’ve no idea. There certainly wasn’t any evidence of creative chemistry in the new material. And I say that as a devotee.

Comment

Bernard Sumner and Peter Hook don't get along and absence doesn't seem to make the heart grow fonder.

The upside is that the work they do apart now is infinitely preferable to the joyless slog of Hook's last few years in New Order prior to his 2006 departure.

Comment

Carl Barât and Pete Doherty.

Comment

Lindsey Buckingham and Stevie Nicks

Nicks asked Buckingham to remove the lyrics "Packing up, shacking up is all you wanna do", but Buckingham refused. "I very much resented him telling the world that 'packing up, shacking up' with different men was all I wanted to do," she told Rolling Stone. "He knew it wasn't true. It was just an angry thing that he said. Every time those words would come onstage, I wanted to go over and kill him. He knew it, so he really pushed my buttons through that. It was like, 'I'll make you suffer for leaving me.' And I did."

Comment

Joey and Johnny Ramone

Comment

Nigel Tufnel and David St Hubbins?

Originally posted by WOM View Post
                    In fact, you could do a whole 'brothers who hate each other' thread.
                    You could - and you could include those UB40 Campbell brothers and also Jim and William Reid out of the Jesus & Mary Chain.

Originally posted by Kevin S View Post
                    Lindsey Buckingham and Stevie Nicks
                    If we're doing 'couples' then there's also Abba, of course, Sonny & Cher and the Captain (Daryl Dragon) & (Toni) Tennille.

I know that Donny and Marie fell out for a good while, as well. (They fit the 'siblings' category, rather than 'couples'.)
                    Last edited by Jah Womble; 19-06-2018, 09:29.

Comment

Originally posted by nmrfox View Post
                      Joey and Johnny Ramone
                      Johnny was in the Mike Love league of musical supervillains. Sure, he kept the show on the road, but still...

Comment

Originally posted by Jah Womble View Post

Fire and ice, fire and ice.

Comment

Are Thereza Bazar and David van Day still on speaking terms?

Actually, is anyone on speaking terms with David van Day?

Comment

Many here will recall the UK Top Five hit If I Had Words from a mere forty years back: well, with that in mind, singer Yvonne Keeley thought her co-protagonist, Scott Fitzgerald, was a complete twat apparently.

I hope that this helps.

Comment

Mike Patton fell out big style with the rest of Faith No More, Mike Bordin especially.

Comment

Graham Coxon and Alex James, although that's entirely understandable from Coxon's perspective.

Brett Anderson and Bernard Butler fell out during the making of Dog Man Star to the extent that Butler would come in to the studio during the day and Anderson would record his vocals at night. Then Butler left entirely.

Roland Orzabal and Curt Smith didn't speak for a decade and all the Tears for Fears work in the 90s was essentially an Orzabal solo project.

Most of Girls Aloud allegedly can't stand each other, suspect this might be a common problem in manufactured-for-telly bands.

Comment

Morrissey and Mike Joyce

Comment

Originally posted by Jah Womble View Post
                                    They're just two totally distinct types of visionaries.

Fallings out are inevitable.

Comment

Stewart Copeland and Sting.

But technically only one of them is a musician.

The other one was the bass player.

Comment

Rossi and Parfitt from Status Quo didn't speak for years.

Diana Ross and Florence Ballard. Diana Ross and Mary Wilson. Diana Ross and everybody.

The other members of Chairmen Of The Board couldn't stand General Johnson.

David Ruffin and Melvin Franklin of The Temptations had what was described as a "challenging" relationship.

Chris and Rich Robinson of the Black Crowes don't like each other much.

Comment

All the rest of Kajagoogoo and Limahl although they're all back touring again,the smell of hard cash can do that

Comment

Originally posted by longeared View Post
                                            Roland Orzabal and Curt Smith didn't speak for a decade and all the Tears for Fears work in the 90s was essentially an Orzabal solo project.
                                            The Seeds Of Love has to be up there with Yes Please and The Second Coming for albums that took far too long to record, cost far too much money and ending up destroying relationships, albeit with better results.

Comment

Guy Chadwick and (the appropriately-named) Terry Bickers out of The House Of Love.

Not that anybody was especially fussed. Despite a couple of decent tunes, it was all a bit budget-The Smiths - even down to the key protagonists' falling out.

Comment

Originally posted by Satchmo Distel View Post
                                                Morrissey and Mike Joyce
                                                Morrissey and anyone!

Comment

Tina Weymouth still takes occasional public digs at David Byrne, thirty years after Talking Heads split up. And sometimes hubby Chris Frantz will do it on her behalf, talking about how Weymouth was mistreated rather than his own relationship with Byrne. However, I'm not sure this classifies as 'hated each other' as Byrne seems much less bothered about talking about Weymouth than vice versa.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X