Tunisia vs England

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tunisia vs England

Jesus Christ, are you so afraid to jinx it?

2-0 England

England in all red in an obvious attempt to imitate Wales, they'll win two or three nil I reckon.

Comment

The BBC website is going with a plague of flies as the contingency excuse.

Comment

Given the performances of several contenders so far I've got a feeling ING-ER-LUND mania will start ramping up in a way it hasn't done for a few tournaments if England win and play competently well.

Comment

I'm changing my mind. England will win 3-0. Harry to score twice, as long as he doesn't take the fucking corners like last time.

Comment

Ensconced in a fabulous Pinxtos bar in Donostia. Just moved from another one because it filled up with ' orrible English in their polos, with their short legs in bad shorts and bawdy laughter.

I know I'm probably a horrible Euro snob, but jesus we can be a uncultured, awkward bunch of cunts. Can't be doing with that on my one night here.

I would really like England to play well tonight. I think Southgate's a very decent bloke and the team seem honest. I just don't want to watch what happens if they do. The braying.

Comment

I refuse to watch Ingerlund in a pub for that reason. Heading to a mate's house instead. I think I'd prefer a competent-but-not-amazing 2-0 of the type we excel at in qualifying matches. Which would be a step up in tournament terms.

Comment

Originally posted by Benjm View Post
                The BBC website is going with a plague of flies as the contingency excuse.
                I liked that the Guardian article about the insects said that they could pose a problem for the England players. Tunisia unaffected by giant swarms of insects, I guess.

Comment

Have they mentioned the need for that old "Stalingrad spirit" yet?

I wouldn't put it past them.

Comment

Originally posted by SouthdownRebel View Post
                    I refuse to watch Ingerlund in a pub for that reason. Heading to a mate's house instead. I think I'd prefer a competent-but-not-amazing 2-0 of the type we excel at in qualifying matches. Which would be a step up in tournament terms.
                    Is it a very unenglish thing to watch these games at home? For some reason OTF's made me think that almost none is sat at home watching it. Always in a beer tent or in a pub.

Comment

No chance. Watching England play with other England fans? Sounds horrible.

Comment

PPV, I honestly don't know. In my case I don't really enjoy noisy pubs anyway and when that's combined with the racist knuckle-draggers that follow England it becomes completely unbearable.

Comment

Of course I know who Gareth Southgate is but Jesus Christ, when I looked up his stats.
                          152 games in Crystal Palace
                          192 games in Aston Villa
                          160 games in Middlesbrough

Usually for players it will be one chunk overwhelming amount of games in one club and if it's up there towards 150-170 it's a legend.
                          But he has three clubs over 150 games each!?

Comment

Watching England matches in the pub is a bit like going out on New Year's Eve; you're stuck there with loads of people you wouldn't necessarily choose to be with, with any remaining charm stripped away by hamfisted attempts to maximise the commercial opportunity.

Except at EIM's place of course; there you get match specific world foods and a reasonable chance of meeting Brian McClair.

Comment

As comparison, Ancelotti played 112 game for Milan and 171 for Roma.

Comment

I wonder what EIM's England Specific Snackfood is today. I'm guessing Roast Beef Monster Munch.

Comment

Originally posted by Benjm View Post

Except at EIM's place of course; there you get match specific world foods and a reasonable chance of meeting Brian McClair.
                                  I have a feeling EIM's place is one of the worst, where he starts to chant about Cantona in the midst of an England attack.

Comment

You can get 7/1 on 0-0, so I’ve had some of that.

Another one sat at home watching this, I’ll happily go to the pub to watch other games but when it’s England I always steer well clear.

Comment

I can't imagine how unpleasant a pub full of English ex-pats watching England would be. I'm definitely watching this at home.

Comment

Budget Sergio Ramos in goal. But he might be injured.

Comment

Offside or not, Sterling's gonna Sterling.

Comment

What a great pass that was, the offside one. Looking one way passing it 180 degrees the other.

Comment

Listening to an England match in Spanish makes it much more exciting.

Comment

I see that the VAR officials are not only in kit. But also matching kit with the ref at the game.

Comment

Just made it back in time!

Comment

Working...
                                                  X