My mother is a sneaky one

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My mother is a sneaky one

My father is not too well, and hasn't been for many years.
    My mother, she retired just a year or so ago and has more energy than an entire Croatian village in her.

She wants to travel, vacation, he rather not. When she wanted my pop' to go along to Mallorca I said he should, because he is always better the weeks after those trips than he is just doing his routine back home. So they went.

This time, I get an SMS from my mother, translated from Swedish "rooting for Barcelona".

I'd no idea what got in her head. One moment I thought she must have been kidnapped by ETA. She doesn't follow football, although she can watch both when Croatia and Sweden play.

I had no clue.

Until I noticed the picture attached in her message.

She fuckin' knows my side is Milan. She's known for aeons. She even bought me a ticket once for Milan-Juventus as a birthday present. No chance she could have missed that. Now she's provoking me my putting on my father Barcelona. It would have been quite ok if he came home with a Barca cap, or a Barca tee, or both. But when she sends me an SMS, that's provocation. That's nasty.

I know my maternal grandmother would never have approved. She would have been on my side on this one. My grandmother well into her 80's used to watch every game she could and knew the players. And she knew my club was Milan.

Fuck's sake!

And my dad, well I'll deal with him when he gets home.

Last edited by Pietro Paolo Virdis; 18-06-2018, 15:48.

Fc Barcelona is a tourism thing like having your photo in front of the Sagrada Família. It's effectively a modern day postcard. You're overthinking it

Comment

She's fuckin' dressed him up. It's not a picture taken where he's stood with face through a cardboard.

But to clarify how not serious I am with this.
      LOL.

Comment

I was expecting something to do with Inter or Juve, it could have been worse.

Comment

Barcelona or AC Milan?

Tricky one.

Comment

It's the St George's crosses, anyone could mix them up.

Comment

Working...
            X