Question Time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question Time

Don't know if anyone else watches Prime Minister's Questions. I get it at about 9.00 pm Sunday here and I like to watch sometimes.

Last night's viewing was very different. A slanging match with the Speaker and an SNP member was tossed. He was followed out by his colleagues, some who had tabled questions but weren't there to ask them. Bercow was not at all happy.

The Mother of Parliaments. Jeez.

Yep, periodically Scots MPs (Labour in the 80s) will stage some such protest, this one came after the devolution amendment on the Brexit bill got less than half an hour debate, at which only the minister spoke. Really, the speaker should have allowed the division the Nats were calling for, but I think the SNP were hoping he would refuse (the lack of debate on devolution got f all overage on BBC, even in Scotland, this got them top item on the reports for a while. Playing to the base.

Comment

Thought this was about Dimbleby quitting question time.

Comment

I think the Question Time studio audience should be restricted to averagely precocious teenagers. That's how the adult audience behave anyway, so it wouldn't change the content, and it would be a good way to spur youth engagement with politics.

Comment

I love forward to his replacement, Nigel Farage.

Comment

Leave that typo in.

Comment

Working...
            X