Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kenneth Williams and Fenella Fielding

Comment

Tom and Jerry were always trying to kill each other.

Comment

Most actors (to the point where it's a very notable groundswell) seem contemptuous of Richard E Grant and Tom Hiddleston for technical reasons. I don't know what those are specifically.

Comment

Larry Wilcox and Erik Estrada in CHiPs.

Comment

Humphrey Bogart and Audrey Hepburn really didn't get along in the filming of Sabrina iirc.

Comment

Diana Rigg allegedly ate garlic just before every romantic scene with George Lazenby in OHMSS.

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Thistle View Post
                Diana Rigg allegedly ate garlic just before every romantic scene with George Lazenby in OHMSS.
                I'd heard that too.

Comment

Shaw and Dreyfuss in Jaws, famously. Though it made the film in some ways - the tension between them added so much to the scenes set on The Orca.

Comment

Originally posted by Stumpy Pepys View Post
                    Kenneth Williams and Fenella Fielding
                    Kenneth Williams was very snooty about Barbara Windsor, and the two only became friends when KW found out about BW's loathing of Fenella Fielding.

Comment

Fenella Fielding lives near me; I still see her pottering about the shops now and again.

Comment

Fenella Fielding doesn't 'potter', surely?

I can only imagine her sensually caressing a tin of garden peas with customary smolder.

Comment

She is 90; sashaying around the shops may be too big an ask at this stage.

Comment

Friend of mine interviewed her last year. Said she was very sweet. Williams bitched about everybody.

Comment

Quite. I wouldn't take KW or BW's enmity as being a sure fire sign of a bad 'un. The opposite, if anything.

Comment

KW wrote very fondly of Barbara Windsor much of the time, as he did most of the "Carry On" crowd (except Sid James.)

Comment

Williams wrote a book called "Acid Drops" in which he had a go at just about everyone. He didn't like Charles Hawtrey.

Comment

Originally posted by adams house cat View Post
                                    Williams wrote a book called "Acid Drops" in which he had a go at just about everyone. He didn't like Charles Hawtrey.
                                    I heard before his dislike of Hawtrey was partially jealousy,Williams was always uncomfortable with his homosexuality whereas Hawtrey was "out and proud, I'm off to the roughest hardcore place in town "
                                    He was what Williams wanted to be but never could

Comment

Working...
                                    X