No announcement yet.

Sweden v South Korea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This South Korean side is on par, about the North Korean which played a few years ago. Judging by the game so far. And Sweden are no Portugal.

Comment

We are out of town and I have only been watching bits here and there, but I hadn't realised that Budweiser was still an official sponsor. Are they also promoting other InBev brands?

Comment

This K-pop heartthrob in goal is excellent

Comment

What these lads need is Rory Delap.

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
            We are out of town and I have only been watching bits here and there, but I hadn't realised that Budweiser was still an official sponsor. Are they also promoting other InBev brands?
            https://twitter.com/shaunwalker7/status/1008685733492805632?s=19

Comment

Originally posted by anton pulisov View Post
              I have trouble with fast Rikssvenska sometimes, so Frändén can be difficult. The Scanian guy talks the most clearly for me. Almost like listening to English.

Watching without sound so haven't had a chance to listen to the ref yet (the other two I have heard many times before).
              I'm born here and of course I understand, but they are not for telly. Lousy choices. Like listening to some of those twats shouting out what bids are in and which is next at an auction.

Comment

Uzbek flag behind the Korean goal
                I wonder who they are supporting

Comment

Originally posted by Pietro Paolo Virdis View Post
                  But South Korea are really terrible. Probably the worst side I've seen so far.
                  [enter the jinx]
                  Worse than Saudi Arabia? I think not...

Comment

Pently?

Comment

This ref is bad. Why wait to check VAR until South Korea are bearing down on goal during a counter attack?

Comment

Originally posted by Gangster Octopus View Post
                        Pently?
                        Yes, eventually...

Comment

penalty given by most unnecessary tv review

Comment

'VAR works' shock, horror. Stonewall pen.

Originally posted by Gangster Octopus View Post
                            Yes, eventually...
                            Or 'evently'.

Comment

Originally posted by Incandenza View Post
                              This ref is bad. Why wait to check VAR until South Korea are bearing down on goal during a counter attack?
                              He checked it because the bloke in his ear told him to. That's how it works

Comment

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES!
                                Decided with VAR but that was probably the most obvious penalty so far.

Comment

Originally posted by Pietro Paolo Virdis View Post
                                  I'm born here and of course I understand, but they are not for telly. Lousy choices. Like listening to some of those twats shouting out what bids are in and which is next at an auction.
                                  My 'problem' is that I learned Scanian so can't understand all these upper class types trying to sound like they are from Östermalm. Unfortunately that's most of SVT.

Comment

Originally posted by ad hoc View Post
                                    so you are saying he wasn't going to give that penalty without VAR?

jaysus.

Comment

That was crap use of VAR. The ref's been blowing for everything in this game and as soon as he had a serious decision to make he bottled it and left it to the video refs.

Comment

Originally posted by ad hoc View Post
                                        He's meant to make the call himself if it's obvious though. I think there was an argument to say it might have looked from his angle that the defender had got a touch of the ball but he can blow up and have that checked, can't he?

Comment

pub league defending from the koreans to give away that corner

Comment

You all don't understand VAR culture.

The thing is that they are probably sure but with VAR the ref can allow play go on, meanwhile he gets info in his ear phones and then can decide to check where most often what was suspected by the ref and by us watching turns out to be the decision. VAR is not replacing the ref. It is making sure the ref has an even better tool than the tools which used to be stood behind the goals.

Comment

Seems like he didn’t want to make the decision himself. It was shown to be a penalty, but I don’t know how it wasn’t called at the time, and there seemed to be a lot of time before he stopped to listen to the review.

Comment

He can but if he thought it was a fair tackle it's also his job to let play continue.

(I mean obviously he might have bottled it and thought "well if it is a penalty they'll tell me")

Comment

Nice to see Aguilar supporting the tradition of crap CONCACAF referees in the absence of US representatives.

Comment

VAR has been used in Seria A entire season and everything has turned to the better. Less offside goals for Juventus, pnelaty where there should have been one and not where it shouldn't. If hocket fans can get used to so can we.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X