Sweden v South Korea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sweden v South Korea

Arguably this clash is the strongest Asian side versus the weakest UEFA one, which could make it a draw and put Germany bottom of the group. German fans will obviously hope they are both shit.

I'd rate both Japan and Iran as stronger than South Korea.
    Sweden have not impressed with many counter attacks.

Comment

Fair enough; I was going on past World Cups and should have checked the qualifying standings. Would be surprised if Germany could not beat these two handily based on the qualifiers.

Comment

I don't quite understand why Zlatan retired but is in Russia anyway. Either come out of retirement or fuck off back to California.

Comment

Originally posted by Satchmo Distel View Post
          I don't quite understand why Zlatan retired but is in Russia anyway. Either come out of retirement or fuck off back to California.
          It's getting quite annoying even among those who up until last second wanted him in the squad.

Why he's there?

Evident.

He's constantly on Swedish television commercials for Bethard (betting company obviously), Visa, Samsung, his own brand of those shite kind collections with package so midget small you know it'll last two times using but cost thrice the money an equivalently good in a normal supermarket; shower gel, skin care, fucking lip gloss whatnot I guess, ten of them if you buy entire collection.

He was actually very rare in commercials, then he did the Volvo at the end of his stint in Europe, and now he's stepped it up which does the very opposite with his brand Zlatan as far as I can tell. Makes people, even the most worshipping, to want him bugger off a while. I don't think he will be invited to the Swedish camp. Especially not when he's come over and said shit like "I decide who plays in Sweden and who doesn't".

It's enough with the cocky attitude. Zlatan is even more annoying than Ray Winstone in commercials.

Comment

Germany could be out after 2 games if they lose to Sweden and Korea beat Mexico after a draw today (points would be 4-4-3-0)

Comment

Why isn't this red v yellow shirts, with one wearing alternate shorts?

Comment

The South Korea kits are trim free so they could easily have gone red/white/red as the have in the past.

Comment

WHAT. A. SAVE!

Comment

Brilliant save followed by a stupid punch that leads to a corner. Just catch it man.

Comment

Park being patched up. If it's his hamstring then there's little point.

Comment

Don't know if this has already been brought up, but Sweden has no players playing in their domestic league.

Comment

Those little flags saying the game ruin shirts.

Comment

Originally posted by Levin View Post
                            Those little flags saying the game ruin shirts.
                            I'm increasingly of that opinion, even though I possess a couple of matchworn shirts featuring them that I cherish.

Comment

i'd much rather be watching italy

Comment

Sweden seem to have tactics like a Championship side somewhere in the middle of the table. At least four times they could have cooled it down, played the ball to an unmarked own, then counter. Instead they twatted it all they could as high as they could as hard as they could to get rid of it from possession.

But South Korea are really terrible. Probably the worst side I've seen so far.
                                [enter the jinx]

Comment

Originally posted by Cal Alamein View Post
                                  Don't know if this has already been brought up, but Sweden has no players playing in their domestic league.
                                  Yes they do, in the second league even. And he's the captain.

Comment

While these Korean tackles form behind are all winning the ball, I thought FIFA had outlawed tackling from behind a few years ago? Or have they changed their minds? Or did I remember things wrong?

Comment

This Scanian guy on SVT. He was born wearing that light blue suit coat.

Comment

Are England the only nation with 100% representation from their own domestic league?

Comment

Originally posted by anton pulisov View Post
                                          This Scanian guy on SVT. He was born wearing that light blue suit coat.
                                          Do you even hear what the ref and Johanna in the studio are saying when they start talking? Frändén is a brilliant sports writer but when she talks it's like listening to some Rocky IV on speed. And the ref is even worse. It's all frrrr-frrrr-verywellexcellentgoodgreat-frrrr-zbigniew to me when they start.

Comment

Forsbergs should stick to hockey

Comment

And bears should stick to singing Russian vodka songs in praise of Putin.

Comment

As if there are no bears in Sweden . . .

Comment

Originally posted by Pietro Paolo Virdis View Post
                                                  Do you even hear what the ref and Johanna in the studio are saying when they start talking? Frändén is a brilliant sports writer but when she talks it's like listening to some Rocky IV on speed. And the ref is even worse. It's all frrrr-frrrr-verywellexcellentgoodgreat-frrrr-zbigniew to me when they start.
                                                  I have trouble with fast Rikssvenska sometimes, so Frändén can be difficult. The Scanian guy talks the most clearly for me. Almost like listening to English.

Watching without sound so haven't had a chance to listen to the ref yet (the other two I have heard many times before).

Comment

Working...
                                                  X