BELGIUM v PANAMA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BELGIUM v PANAMA

I have bad vibes about this group being an Italia 90 style stinker. Imagine how France v Costa Rica would have gone had they played this week.
    Last edited by Satchmo Distel; 18-06-2018, 00:32.

Well I've just read this article by Romelu Lukaku and now I'm firmly wanting Belgium to win.

Comment

A player of Congolese descent scoring the winner in the final would be a good slap in the face for the Brexiteers, white nationalists and Ally McCoists.

And whilst I have big doubts about Belgium, based on Euro 16, we've not seen a great team yet in these finals, so there's a glimmer of an opening for them.

Comment

Originally posted by Levin View Post
        Well I've just read this article by Romelu Lukaku and now I'm firmly wanting Belgium to win.
        That's great. Thanks for that

Comment

“Rom, what is happening? WHY ARE YOU ON TV?”

I love this. I like that it opens up the possibility that he's never told his friends that he's a footballer.

Comment

And whilst I have big doubts about Belgium, based on Euro 16
            Not being managed by Marc Wilmots will make them at least three times better than 2016.

Comment

Though being managed by Roberto Martinez means that they are only half as good as they could be

Comment

Possibly the most famous Panamanian athlete of the last 25 years will be in Sochi tonight. Chances of the BBC figuring out who he is when he's shown on screen: 0.0%.

No word on whether Rod Carew or Roberto Duran will be there.

Comment

Ultonia striker Josh Magennis is half Panamanian

Comment

There isn’t any issue that Mo is the most famous Panamanian athlete of the last quarter century. The question is whether he is the most famous Panamanian. And since it has been more than 25 years since Noriega was deposed, I think he has an excellent claim to the title.

Comment

Chances of a Van Halen soundbed to a feature/montage? I suppose we'd need a shock result.
                      Last edited by Ray de Galles; 18-06-2018, 14:36.

Comment

Hmmm, my feed's about two minutes behind...

Comment

Panamanian keeper looks like a Budget Buffon.

Comment

I wish VAR would be used to tell the ref to book players for diving.

Comment

It will take quite lot for Panama to keep this less than three goal diffrence

Comment

Oof. This Belgium kit. And they've been so good recently. Now they go with this golfing look. Why not wear plus fours and be done with it

Comment

Belgium making hard work of this. Proper sumo match this.

What odds can I get on an Escobar own goal?

Comment

I'm dreading an own goal from Escobar.

(Ha - crosspost! I felt so sure that comment would've gone by now...)

Comment

Panama are not as bad as I had expected but Belgium are not testing them sufficiently.

Comment

Maybe Belgium have replaced Spain's old role of perennial favourites who always fuck up.

Comment

Lawrenson is correct in his comment that - Russia aside perhaps - teams really haven't pressed so far in this tournament.

Comment

Originally posted by Бога Нет View Post
                                            Chances of a Van Halen soundbed to a feature/montage? I suppose we'd need a shock result.
                                            Admit it, you think all features and montages should have VH on them.

Drop Dead Legs could come into its own for any knockout matches that aren't settled in 90 minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by ad hoc View Post
                                              Oof. This Belgium kit. And they've been so good recently. Now they go with this golfing look. Why not wear plus fours and be done with it
                                              Their first kits have been generally pretty ropey in recent years too but this is one of my favourites in the tournament, up there with Mexico's change.

Comment

It takes all sorts.

Comment

Originally posted by Jah Womble View Post
                                                  Lawrenson is correct in his comment that - Russia aside perhaps - teams really haven't pressed so far in this tournament.
                                                  Yes, it's all a part of the AEB secret plan.

We always let England be one of the most impressive teams in the first round of matches. Often by arranging that they can play Tunisia.

Build them up, tear them down.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X