CRC v SRB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CRC v SRB

Hair of the dog that bit me after yesterday’s binge - I will miss at least one game today for a Father’s Day meal though.

Serbia topped Wales’ qualifying group without really impressing (we drew with them twice) but were tenacious and hard to beat.
    Last edited by Ray de Galles; 17-06-2018, 11:19.

This one feels a good candidate for first goalless draw, and first red card.
    It's a tight group by Brazil's standards.

Comment

(Some slightly clunky moments in the ITV studio, where I don't think Patrice Evra realises that Eni Aloku has played the game.)

Comment

Originally posted by jwdd27 View Post
        This one feels a good candidate for first goalless draw, and first red card.
        It's a tight group by Brazil's standards.
        I hope it's more open than that. Surely both teams must feel this is their best chance of winning a game in the group before hoping to grind out a draw against the Swiss.

Comment

Mitrovic and Ljajic will make sure we have goals. Maybe even plenty of them.

Comment

So far in every game that has produced a winner, the loser was the team I wanted to win. So today you can safely put your money on Serbia, Germany and Switzerland

Comment

I think CRC start slight favourites to go through with Brazil. The Serbs and Swiss perhaps the two weakest European qualifiers. Helps that CRC have a good keeper.
              Last edited by Satchmo Distel; 17-06-2018, 11:49.

Comment

Originally posted by Jah Womble View Post
                (Some slightly clunky moments in the ITV studio, where I don't think Patrice Evra realises that Eni Aloku has played the game.)
                I'm watching Le Mans so won't join this until sometime in the second half, but did flick over briefly during an ad break and was given the sense that ITV are treating this as a contractual obligation match.

Comment

Fuck ITV then. This sort of match is what the World Cups are for. I think this could be a classic even if it is only for a red cards and an own goal winner.

First two matches are genuine "Don't know who to support" matches. I have Serbia in a sweepstake so may go for them. Although the Brazil hype has lessened its effect on me as I get older, I am bound to support them over the Nazi-gold-hoarders.

Comment

Concacaf has consistently been the smaller-confederation-that-performed in recent tournaments so let's hope this continues (Asia and Africa seem to be still stuck in a rut)

Comment

Both sides seem to realise that this game represents a good chance of putting points on the board, which has made for a decent start, Brian...

Comment

Both teams really want to play today. Good game for a neutral spectator.

Comment

Serbia’s flag as centre stripe is a great idea but they’ve made it too narrow to really work.

Comment

That bloody Mexican Wave can do one, however...

Comment

Yeah, at least wait until the next match.

Comment

Yes, they could have gone for the Wales Lotto mod shirt effect.

Comment

We talked on another thread about teams with peculiarly English-named players, Costa Rica have a Patrick Pemberton on the bench.

Comment

Whenever Serbia put a cross in from the right-hand side - which seems to be quite a lot - nobody seems to be coming in to attack the ball.

Comment

Originally posted by Jah Womble View Post
                                      Whenever Serbia put a cross in from the right-hand side - which seems to be quite a lot - nobody seems to be coming in to attack the ball.
                                      Which is weird because that’s totally Mitrovic’s game.

Comment

Jesus, CRC also have Joel Campbell on the bench and he is still on Arsenal’s books despite them never really using him after his good 2014 World Cup.

Comment

I’ve probably said this before but CRC’s badge is right out of the credits of a sixties TV spy show :

Comment

Did they just call Duško Tošić 'Disco Sausage'?

Comment

No doubt my fellow regulars on the X11 thread will be hoping for a goal from Costa Rica's Guzman! in this tournament.

Comment

The two Serbian centre backs must have had more ball possession than any other on the pitch. Was quite tedious to watch there for a long spell.

Comment

I keep getting a shock hearing how many of the young talents are playing in Syria (Serie A)

Comment

Working...
                                                  X