Charlie Hebdo again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Charlie Hebdo again

So this is from this week. "A Romanian won Roland Garros". "Scrap metal scrap metal!"

I wish those who seek to downplay or excuse this stuff were still here so they could explain how this is in no way racist.

Last edited by ad hoc; 16-06-2018, 13:21.

Racist, crude and badly drawn. Obviously the latter two are of a lesser order of importance than the first, but you'd think that the artist's professional pride would baulk at it at some level. There's no discernible effort at all there to caricature or capture Simona Halep herself. I mean, I can't see why anyone wouldn't just offer congratulations and wish her well, but still.

Comment

Agreed as above

(Edited in response to AH above)
      Last edited by Duncan Gardner; 16-06-2018, 16:58.

Comment

It's bloody horrendous.

Comment

Totally unacceptable from Charlie, whoever’s left in that paper and in charge (Riss) are a bunch of total racist cunts, really can’t stand them anymore, this is the second time in a month.

I never read them much (not did anyone else really, weekly circulation was only 30,000 pre 7.1.2015 attack) but I’m pretty sure they weren’t like that before the attack (most of the CH team were gunned down in the attack), but of course it was a different team. I recently explained here in the French thread what happened to Charlie post attack, they were always very anti-religious of course, in the anticlerical French tradition, but not overtly racist AFAIK. I fear Riss and whoever’s left have gone mental and with the war chest they’ve got now, and with Riss firmly in charge (main shareholder), we’re not out of the woods with them, it will get worse.

As a teacher, particularly as an MFL teacher & a form tutor, you spend a fair bit of time tackling racism/xenophobia, prejudice/stereotypes, discrimination etc. with kids, parents and staff & colleagues as well of course, and then cunts like the Charlie people come along and try their best to undo all the good work done in society to promote tolerance and open-mindedness. Bunch of fucking twunts, thank God hardly anyone buys their Daily Gammon rag these days.

Comment

Originally posted by Duncan Gardner View Post
            Agreed as above, but is that dig at TP really necessary? You could have asked him on another site what he thinks (or maybe you already have?).
            Didn't see it as being much of a dig. But will edit. Can't ask TP directly as he won't talk to me and thinks I'm an antisemitic cunt. I could only do it through a mutual friend's fb which seems worse.

Comment

It's vile and inexcusable.

Comment

That is deplorable.

Comment

It's truly pathetic, but unfortunately fairly benign by their standards.

CH has had a long history of whitewashing racist work like this, particularly since Sarkozy acolyte Philippe Val took over the reins. Their main schtick is islamophobia under the cover of laïcité, in order to build support on the left for the aggressive neoconservative colonial foreign policy that France has adopted in the last decade. After his long stint at CH, Val ended up running France Inter, the national public radio network.

Comment

Working...
                  X