Up down up fucking hell Peru v Denmark

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Up down up fucking hell Peru v Denmark

Favourite team from the 70's against favourite team from the 80's - international teams that is and not including England - am hoping that Peru wear their classic kit and Denmark, as in the past, wear something stylish. And Kasper of course.

Loved to watch Cubillas, Chumpitaz, Challe and Sotil et al. when I was a bairn growing up on a floating reed island on Lake Titicaca, the Incas were such a buccaneering, free-flowing side. I am confident we can get a draw vs the Danes tomorrow.

This old footage always brings a few tears to my eyes:

Asi jugaba la Selección Peruana de Fútbol ● Perú Mundial 1970/80 (Parte I): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=klQJEJNkasg

Asi jugaba la Selección Peruana de Fútbol ● Perú Mundial 1970/80 (Parte 2I): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kB7hY8yKp-Q

(our humble abode, 1971, grandma Pachamama built our reed boat with her own fair hands, she only spoke Quechua)

Comment

Originally posted by nmrfox View Post
      Favourite team from the 70's against favourite team from the 80's - international teams that is and not including England - am hoping that Peru wear their classic kit and Denmark, as in the past, wear something stylish. And Kasper of course.

As per the tweet on the Four Game Saturday thread, Peru are indeed in the classic kit with Denmark in all red.
      Last edited by Ray de Galles; 15-06-2018, 23:46.

Comment

What was the deal with the two commercials they made for each other?

Peru's.

Denmark's response.

Comment

The Cosmos doing this on astroturf to a World Cup team brings tears to my eyes.

Comment

Very weird and thanks for adding it.

Obviously very very cold. You have Peruvian outfield players wearing tube socks for gloves. The player that gets fouled by Carlos Alberto for a penalty (and scores) is wearing goalkeeper gloves.

Friggin' Chinaglia w/ 2 goals and 2 assists.

Comment

Originally posted by jason voorhees View Post
              What was the deal with the two commercials they made for each other?

Peru's.

Denmark's response.
              Peru did this for each of their group opponents. Exact same advert, they just changed the name of the opponent and the language of the subtitles. It's pretty good, though.

I really think Peru can get through this group, now Guerrero's back in the side (although he won't start this game, apparently). Brazil aside, they were the only South American side who exceeded expectations in qualifying. Anyone who caught the last Copa América or the 2016 Copa Centenario will be aware that they're capable of doing something outrageous in the blink of an eye, and they're not going to feel much pressure if any.

Comment

What is the thread title about?

Comment

Originally posted by Бога Нет View Post
                  What is the thread title about?
                  The Peru fans sing it

Comment

Peru 1982 were a miserable shadow of those earlier sides, however.

Comment

I was going to post exactly that. Peru v Italy and Italy v Poland might be the worse two games I've ever seen in one group, made even more miserable by Ian St John being co-commentator (with Gerry Harrison IIRC). 4.15 kick-offs.

But then Italy met Poland again in the semis; unthinkable earlier in the tournament.

Comment

Over 40,000 of my Peruvian hermanos y hermanas in Saransk.

36 años de sufrimiento y dolor…

https://twitter.com/fifaworldcup_es/status/1007812506704756736

Comment

When this game inevitably disappoints, remember it could have been Ireland vs NZ*.

Iceland have a horrible group, but one of these two will go through. Has "0-0 and nick second place" written all over it.

(*ignore seedings pedants)

Comment

I wouldn't rule out the fellows from across the ditch

Comment

Originally posted by tee rex View Post
                              When this game inevitably disappoints, remember it could have been Ireland vs NZ*.

Iceland have a horrible group, but one of these two will go through. Has "0-0 and nick second place" written all over it.

(*ignore seedings pedants)
                              What's wrong with that?

Comment

For some reason a primary School in Donegal has decided to support Peru through the tournament. They had a clip of them, all gathered together, with big peruvian flags, and the teachers all in vintage kits, and the kids in peruvian colours, singing songs.

Rural Ireland is fucking mental.

One of the teachers must have gone down to the playoff game, and seriously taken the hump with Denmark over the course of the four hour journey home.
                                Last edited by The Awesome Berbaslug!!!; 16-06-2018, 15:48.

Comment

1 goal should be awarded to Peru for having a much better anthem

Comment

Originally posted by Levin View Post
                                    1 goal should be awarded to Peru for having a much better anthem
                                    and another one for the team belting it out impressively.

Comment

I like Simon Brotherton but the sound of his voice always makes me feel like I should be watching Track Cycling.

Comment

Originally posted by IronSeaPower View Post
                                        One deducted for the Coach's hairdo, though.

Comment

Peru are clearly going to be the favourite support of the tournament, fantastic atmosphere.

Comment

Originally posted by IronSeaPower View Post
                                            ...and a couple more for keeping the sash all these years.

Would like to see them win, despite the 'Eriksen' factor.

Comment

Another game, another of my fantasy team not in the starting 11 - AND after making a big fuss to get him there.

Comment

I like the cut of Peru's jib. I'm joining this bandwagon

Comment

I think all Peru attackers are channeling a certain Senor Cubillas.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X