Spain v Portugal : Iberian war

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spain v Portugal : Iberian war

I might even get the chance to see some of this...

Only game on free TV here, so I'm determined to enjoy it regardless.

Now that Portugal the nice country has a trophy, we can go back to Portugal the less nice team. Who I still want to win.

Comment

Hoping that Portugal come out to play a bit. Early goal for Spain will make this game. Ever optimistic that it'll be a great game. 3-2 Spain. One of the last chances to see all time great Iniesta,

Comment

Originally posted by Lobachevsky View Post
        Hoping that Portugal come out to play a bit. Early goal for Spain will make this game. Ever optimistic that it'll be a great game. 3-2 Spain. One of the last chances to see all time great Iniesta,
        Hoping for Portugal to "win" another 7 games without scoring a goal until the shootout.

Comment

After those earlier park kickabouts, let's hope these 'galacticos' can save the day.

Therefore I (now) predict a (0-0) draw of convenience.

Comment

Fernando Hierro looks like John Gregory.

Comment

Penalty. Add own question mark.

Comment

TALKING POINT

Comment

So CR7 joins Pelé, Klose et al in the 'I scored in four different World Cups' gang.

Given that this is only his fourth World Cup goal, that's some achievement.

Comment

?

Comment

Lazy defending ,if you throw a leg out like that he doesn't have to get out of the way

Comment

I'd love to share a cell with Ronaldo, the tax-jibbing ManGod.

Comment

Originally posted by Vicarious Thrillseeker View Post
                          ?
                          Thanks.

Comment

The preening git is apparently VAR - proof.

Comment

Now we all know that if Portugal are in a penalty shoot out, Ronaldo will fire it in a post, a bar or five hundred miles above the goal. We have seen the best do it before.

Comment

But what a penalty. He is a manGod. I am with EIM on this one.

Comment

Originally posted by Jah Womble View Post
                                  So CR7 joins Pelé, Klose et al in the 'I scored in four different World Cups' gang.

Given that this is only his fourth World Cup goal, that's some achievement.
                                  Group games against Iran, North Korea, and Ghana as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Pietro Paolo Virdis View Post
                                    But what a penalty. He is a manGod. I am with EIM on this one.
                                    He's ridiculous. 33 and still getting better. He'll be scoring five a game in La Liga when he's 57, ripped like the Hulk, no sign of age on his smooth, tanned face, just beautifully shaped eyebrows.

Comment

It wasn't difficult to choose sides here. Not only do Spain have Ramos, they also have the utter bastard Diego Costa. No Iniesta even with a Xavi can make that likeable.

Comment

Time for the the biannual "There is a huge gap between the contact and him falling" conversation that is had when people don't understand that slow motion slows things down.

Why did Ronaldo slow down then?

Comment

Git or otherwise, that pass was sublime.

Comment

Glad to see Ronaldo is keeping his tradition of wasted free kicks alive.

Comment

Portugal are going to win the World Cup. Ronaldo's expression in the national anthems, plus the way he's playing, all points to a man in total control of a situation.

Comment

Originally posted by EIM View Post
                                                He's ridiculous. 33 and still getting better. He'll be scoring five a game in La Liga when he's 57, ripped like the Hulk, no sign of age on his smooth, tanned face, just beautifully shaped eyebrows.
                                                For some reason I though he was 31.
                                                But yes. Good looking like few. Fit like an Adonis. Skill like no one. And seems a very decent chap judging by all the clips/news one's seen related to charity and fans wanting to meet him. Just the other day I spent time watching a YouTube all the goals he scored for ManUtd.
                                                An honour to have lived during the time he played.

Comment

Originally posted by EIM View Post
                                                  Damn right. Then in his 60s when he loses a bit of pace he can transition into a Pirlo-style midfielder.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X