Appearances by your Club's Former Players

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Huddersfield fans look away now.

Not former, but when Jorgensen (or whatever his name is now) came on for Denmark, commentator said his team had just enjoyed their first ever season in "England's top flight".

Comment

Sigurdsson was at Shrewsbury? I never knew that

Comment

Not for long. He was very young, obviously a class act even then. Scored a cracker on debut then quickly got worn down by the reality of playing lower-league football in a ropy side. Still, I always like it when I’ve seen a future talent in the making.

For no reason I can identify, I always pronounce his first name as though it’s Welsh.
        Last edited by ChrisJ; 16-06-2018, 19:00.

Comment

Ta. That's great. The nearest I have is Michael Kightly at Farnborough. Not quite the same league

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisJ View Post
            Not for long. He was very young, obviously a class act even then. Scored a cracker on debut then quickly got worn down by the reality of playing lower-league football in a ropy side. Still, I always like it when I’ve seen a future talent in the making.

For no reason I can identify, I always pronounce his first name as though it’s Welsh.
            With a soft 'f'?

Comment

Originally posted by Vicarious Thrillseeker View Post
              With a soft 'f'?
              Well, TBH it usually gets as far as 'Gul' and I trail off in confusion and embarrassment before starting again.

Comment

I wouldn't have known he was there without this thread, but Brad Jones for us too. One appearance on loan in 2002 in a 4-1 home defeat to Bristol C, he parried the ball up into the goal for their first.

Comment

I know whenever anyone thinks of Peru's Paolo Hurtado, they immediately think of his mercurial career with Alianza Lima, Juan Aurich, Paços Ferreira, Peñarol and more recently Vitória Guimarães.

However, his five appearances in two seasons at Reading, will mean an almost certain 60k for us, just as long as Peru win the tournament and he plays every minute of all their games.

Money in the bank, already earmarked for the removal expenses of whichever 35 year old of the Irish squad we choose to sign next.

Comment

Kari Arnason. As far as I know the only ex-Miller ever to play in an international tournament...

Comment

Has anyone mentioned former Boro keeper Brad Jones yet?

Also Sir Gareth Southgate

Comment

Originally posted by Gangster Octopus View Post
                        Kari Arnason. As far as I know the only ex-Miller ever to play in an international tournament...
                        Does Dave Watson not count then?

Comment

Did he get there in 1982?

Comment

He played in the 1980 Euros.

Comment

Dries Mertens for Belgium. When he played for Utrecht he was the smallest player in the Eredivisie. This did not dissuade the trainer from his only tactic of hoofing high balls up field into the penalty area.

Comment

Originally posted by Capybara View Post
                                He played in the 1980 Euros.
                                Totally forgotten that.

Comment

Giovani dos Santos is still remembered fondly at Ipswich for his loan spell in 2009

Comment

Working...
                                  X