Appearances by your Club's Former Players

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Appearances by your Club's Former Players

Sam Morsy - came on as sub for Egypt v Uruguay. 14 games on loan for Barnsley from Wigan.

Kawashima, 2 seasons at Dundee Utd, will be in goals for Japan

Comment

If he starts, Jordan Pickford, 18 games on loan for Carlisle United, 2014.

Comment

Slim pickings for Norwich. Think it's just Martin Olsson.

Comment

Lingard and Butland both had loans at Derby.

Comment

It depends what you call an appearance, but if Cristhian Stuani was one of those subs who piled on after the Uruguay goal, then him. Others may follow.

Comment

Seeing as Fernando Hierro's now in charge of Spain, it gives him a chance to apply everything he learned from Big Sam.

Comment

I've lost track of the number of times I've told my 6 year old 'he used to play for Southampton' as we've leafed through his Panini sticker book.
                And that doesn't include Mr Southgate, who was apparently released by Saints before joining Palace's youth side - although nobody I know in Southampton seems to be have been aware of him.

Possible sub-thread - Paul Pogba and Ashley Young both have brothers who've played for Crawley.
                Last edited by andrew7610; 15-06-2018, 15:07. Reason: bloody apostrophes all over the place

Comment

If he plays, Jack Butland played 24 games for us in 11/12. He actually made his first full England appearance having only played first team games for Cheltenham Town (against Italy in Berne).

Comment

When the squads were announced, I had a look at which teams had players or ex-players playing. I could find someone for every team in the Premier League and Championship (both this season and next) except for Bournemouth. I was going to post it as a quiz question, but then worried that there was an ex-cherry I had overlooked.

Comment

Wednesday don't have any connections to the tournament, unless you count Jamie Vardy being on the books while he was at school or Vardy, Gary Cahill and Harry Maguire all being fans of the club.

Comment

Brad Jones, one of Australia's reserve keepers was on loan at Wednesday.

Comment

Ah yes, missed him when I looked through the squads a while back. I wish I could say I'd forgotten his dozen games for the club, but the memory of him flapping at crosses still makes me shudder.

Comment

We also had Brad Jones. Possibly the goalkeeper who is named the most when fans of clubs are asked "who is the worst keeper ever to play for your team?"

Comment

Saw Brad Jones playing for Shelbourne in the league of Ireland and he didn't look up to much there

Comment

I think the only Southport player to go to a World Cup is Peter Withe, in the England 1982 squad. However he didn't play, sitting on the bench for the first four games before losing his place to Kevin Keegan in the last.

There's a story that Alan Ball (Junior) had a trial with us before he joined Blackpool. However there don't appear to be any actual records of this (the story says that the records were destroyed when the main stand burned down in 1966). His dad definitely played for us, so genetically we've had 50% of a World Cup winner.

Comment

Originally posted by longeared View Post
                                  Wednesday don't have any connections to the tournament, unless you count Jamie Vardy being on the books while he was at school or Vardy, Gary Cahill and Harry Maguire all being fans of the club.
                                  Harry Maguire's a Blade isn't he?

Comment

If they start then Gary Cahill and Kieran Trippier.

Comment

James Meredith of Australia was a youth with us but never featured, nor did Aleksander Prijovic of Serbia.

Both were with us during our peak Brexit years though when we didn't tend to play people born outside of the British Isles and Ireland.

Comment

Emil Hallfredsson - Barnsley. Eight years ago.

He played for us for a season but I can't remember a single thing about him other than his bald head.

Comment

Originally posted by The-Reverend View Post
                                          James Meredith of Australia was a youth with us but never featured
                                          Meredith was, however, one of the key players in York’s promotion team of 2012. Meanwhile, Nick Pope was almost single-handedly responsible for our unlikely run to the 4th division play-offs in 2014, while on loan from Charlton. Says a lot about our current situation that’s Pope’s exploits over the last year have genuinely been the biggest source of pride for most York fans. There’s a fair chance neither of them will make it onto the field in the tournament, but here’s hoping.

Comment

Roberto Martinez played his last few games as a player at Chester, before taking up his first coaching role at Swansea.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin S View Post
                                              Slim pickings for Norwich. Think it's just Martin Olsson.

Comment

Denmark manager Åge Hareide spent two seasons at Norwich as well.

Comment

Shrewsbury have Gylfi Siggurdsson, who spent some time on loan there. No Joe Hart or Dave Edwards this year - back in the Euros they meant there were 2 more Shrewsbury academy graduates than Chelsea's.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X