X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Squires thread

Don't know if he's doing one every day, but YES

https://www.theguardian.com/football...-2018-kick-off

(Used Ray de Galles' comedy bra joke there, he does still care about us)

I enjoyed Eat Pray Shove too
    Last edited by ad hoc; 15-06-2018, 10:22.

The Messi pic where he's carrying a goat is my Big Dave's Gusset t-shirt/mug request

Comment

I have to disagree about the joke about USA fans...I haven't seen any USA fan complaining that we should be there while Saudi Arabia shouldn't. I have seen, however, a few Italy fans making the "who would you rather see and who would have a better chance of winning the World Cup--Italy, or [insert undeserving Asian or African team]?" argument.

John Bolton was a scary addition to the Squires canon.
      Last edited by Incandenza; 15-06-2018, 14:31.

Comment

Yeah, I post on a normie board with loads of once-every-four-years soccer fans and nobody has said a peep about it yet. Everybody knows the US did awfully, people are still really mad at the team.

Comment

LOL, it's not BigSoccer, is it?

Comment

Grant Wahl tweeted this yesterday, I suspect that's where BDG got it from.

Comment

Originally posted by Incandenza View Post
              LOL, it's not BigSoccer, is it?
              Haha, no, Boston sports.

Comment

Love the Trainspotting reference. Proper dimpled pint glass!

Comment

Fabregas's appearance puzzled me for a short while but is a lovely touch.

Comment

Love the Low of the Dead

Comment

I was hoping it was a Cramps tribute but no.

Ray Lewington?

Comment

Fucking hell. Every panel is gold.

C'mon Bored. It's a gag about Roy and Ray enjoying the bateau mouche instead of watching Iceland before a certain game a couple of years ago.

Comment

Ah, thanks. I do remember it now.

Comment

I take it everyone gets the 15,000 Mels reference?

http://www.digitalspy.com/tv/news/a8...c-measurement/

Comment

I got the 15,000 Mels reference, and I live in Argentina.

I was quite surprised Pavón was only one Mel tall, though. He doesn't look particularly small in the Argentine league, but then I've not seen him play in the flesh.

I am not sure I get Ray's reference to Fàbregas, though. Is that him being fouled/not fouled in the final frame? If it's from Portugal v Spain I can't remember that incident.

Comment

Originally posted by Incandenza View Post
                                I have to disagree about the joke about USA fans...I haven't seen any USA fan complaining that we should be there while Saudi Arabia shouldn't. I have seen, however, a few Italy fans making the "who would you rather see and who would have a better chance of winning the World Cup--Italy, or [insert undeserving Asian or African team]?" argument.

John Bolton was a scary addition to the Squires canon.
                                A lot of complaints that Sweden were in and they were not. But once we beat South Korea I think it shut them up.

Comment

Originally posted by Sam View Post

I am not sure I get Ray's reference to Fàbregas, though. Is that him being fouled/not fouled in the final frame? If it's from Portugal v Spain I can't remember that incident.
                                  He's punditting on BBC and wears shirts with epaulettes that make him look like a pilot or security guard. He's the "ferry captain" in the "Argentina earning a draw with the mighty Iceland" panel.

Comment

Missed this one a few days ago, need help with the Terry frame.

Comment

Originally posted by Бога Нет View Post
                                      Missed this one a few days ago, need help with the Terry frame.
                                      Terry tweeted that he muted the telly during a game where Vicki Sparks was commentating.

Comment

ME ME ME ME ME ME ME

Comment

"Full kit W......"

Comment

Southgate's face is a delight there. Should I recognise the detective?

Comment

Heheh, I just adore the Ikea instructions for Kroos' goal against Sweden.

Comment

Originally posted by Бога Нет View Post
                                                Southgate's face is a delight there. Should I recognise the detective?
                                                Her jumper suggests Sarah Lund from The Killing, though I assumed her to be more of a sort of composite Nordic Noir protagonist with a chunk of Saga from The Bridge thrown in, etc.

Comment

Ah, OK, I wondered if it was meant to be a football related person. I've never seen any Scandi noir.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X