ITV's coverage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ITV's coverage

I quite like Pougatch, though Mrs KGR thinks he's rubbish, without knowing his name, at least that's what she has made of his performances in the friendlies.

They have Bilic, which is lovely.
    Last edited by KGR; 14-06-2018, 14:18.

Originally posted by Koo Ghoddos Rebic View Post
    I quite like Pougatch, though Mrs KGR thinks he's rubbish, without knowing his name, at least that's what she has made of his performances in the friendlies.

They have Bilic, which is lovely.
    I'm watching at work, with the sound off. It took me AGES to realise it was Bilic. I was sitting thinking, "Where have I seen him before? Did he used to play for Liverpool?"

Comment

I've had Sweden v South Korea on next to me while I second-screened, and I must admit that I found Ally McCoist to have done some research, and he was rather good co-comm next to Jon Champion, who took the piss every time McCoist said something beyond the banal.

It got to the point where I half-expected to hear of Ally punching his colleague after one bantz too many.

Comment

I think Jon Champion and Ally McCoist appear to be the best commentary pairing at this World Cup, it's just a shame they've been given some properly dour games so far.

Then again, Jon Champion is one of my all-time favourite commentators, I still love his "and still Michael Owen" whenever the BBC show Owen's goal against Argentina in France 98.

Comment

I'm wondering just what is this "world cap" that Poutgatch keeps mentioning.

Comment

I enjoyed Champion and McCoist at the weekend, where Champion was suggesting that McCoist had presented a pre-match lecture on the history of the Russian exclave of Kaliningrad, Teutonic knights and all.
            As mentioned, McCoist is more likeable and knowledgable than you expect, but then his cheeky chappie Question of Sport days are a long time ago now.

Comment

Champion and McCoist were very good. Bilic is generally good although I feel he'd benefit from having some decent people to talk to rather than just standing head and shoulders above the rest of the panel.

I'm a bit worried about Roy Keane.

Comment

They've just done a nicely put together montage of (sometimes inadvertently) funny moments from World Cups past. Compare that to the BBC's indescribably awful 'Great British Borscht Off' bit from earlier today, and ITV seem way ahead this time for enjoyable filler pieces. Their pundits, presenters and commentators on the whole seems slightly more palatable than the BBC's too.

Comment

I couldn’t watch any of the games live today as I was at a funeral, I caught up with the the goals from the first two on my phone but thought Serbia v Switzerland might be tasty so Likely Ladsed it to watch on the highlights (which was a good call).

Anyway, unlike MOTD, ITV’s highlights show has no analysis at all in between matches and just has big multiple chunks of “news from the England camp”.

And it’s shit.

Comment

I wonder if MOTD will go the same way. Analysis is becoming just a way to fill airtime in live games rather than a genuine part of the package. See also the decline of Sportscenter in the US. People get their analysis from social media, filtered and biased, like they do in politics.

Comment

Working...
                    X