Russia vs Saudi Arabia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Russia vs Saudi Arabia

Which of these corrupt war-mongering dictatorships to back? Does anyone think that even given Russia apparently being utterly rubbish there is the slightest chance that the opposition will be permitted to win this game?

And, why is the opening game on a Thursday? It couldn't have anything to do with it being the last day of Ramadan could it? (Was the opening date known before Russia's opponents were decided?)

Yes, it was.

Comment

Last time the opening game was on a thursday as well. Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.

Comment

Gah, a conspiracy theory without foundation.... who could have imagined

Comment

Fuck, you do have some tough Qs first thing in the afternoon...

I'm looking at the Saudi squad here, nearly all of them are from Al-Ahli and Al-Hilal.

Comment

Saudi Arabia didn't look that bad in the bit of their friendly against Germany that I watched. They could win.

Comment

I posed the same question on Facebook a while ago, any possible way of establishing a preference in the Dictatorship Derby.

Russia’s anthem is one of the all time greats, just not sure that’s enough.

Comment

2-0 to Saudi Arabia

Comment

I feel like a Saudi win would humiliate Russia's leaders, Putin in particular, and cause pleasure amongst regular Saudis. Whereas a Russian win- while presumably going down well among regular Russians- would not have the same effect in rendering Salman as ashamed and humiliated. I'm leaning very slightly towards Saudi for this reason, though I could quite happily shift.

In other questions, is the official "code" for this game RUSKSA? And was this what a two year old Mark E Smith used to shout when asked if he wanted some biscuits?

Comment

ITV covering any tournament match is a foul slur on football but the OPENING GAME?! This shall not stand.

Comment

Originally posted by ad hoc View Post
                      I feel like a Saudi win would humiliate Russia's leaders, Putin in particular, and cause pleasure amongst regular Saudis. Whereas a Russian win- while presumably going down well among regular Russians- would not have the same effect in rendering Salman as ashamed and humiliated. I'm leaning very slightly towards Saudi for this reason, though I could quite happily shift.

In other questions, is the official "code" for this game RUSKSA? And was this what a two year old Mark E Smith used to shout when asked if he wanted some biscuits?
                      This. And applause-ah.

Comment

Bog Annette on form early doors. With all due respect to Senor Arbitro, agreed there's Nevskiy Prospekt of a shock in this one
                        Last edited by Duncan Gardner; 14-06-2018, 14:06.

Comment

Saudi Arabia can bugger right off. Sometimes it's easy to chose between plague and cholera.
                          3-1 to Russia.

Comment

*Edited: No links to illegal streams allowed*
                            Last edited by Snake Plissken; 14-06-2018, 14:19. Reason: No links to illegal streams.

Comment

I just hope the Russians have done their job on the referee properly as I've gone for Saudi to get the first red card of the competition in our office prediction competition.

If they finish with 11 men, let alone win, I'll feel you can't rely on anything in this world anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Бога Нет View Post
                                ITV covering any tournament match is a foul slur on football but the OPENING GAME?! This shall not stand.
                                BBC have only had the opening game once this century - 2006.

Comment

Yes, been discussing that elsewhere, I wonder if the BBC demur on the opener as they know the games are often duds and the ceremonies deadly dull.

Comment

Robbie's singing is certainly dud so far

Comment

Great of Robbie to pay tribute to Milan by wearing red and black.

Comment

Interpreter struggling a bit- you'd think they'd have gien him the text in advance

Comment

Robbie giving the camera the finger was an interesting way to spice up an encore.

Comment

Was Putin wearing a novelty bra?

Comment

The 'Cosy Madonna'?

Comment

Originally posted by Felicity, I guess so View Post
                                                Robbie's singing is certainly dud so far
                                                Thankfully I had a 'phone call just before he came on, so the sound was off.

16/1 Russia to win 3-1, you say? That's pretty decent.

Comment

Those are nipple buffers coming out of the stand

Comment

Working...
                                                  X