Champions League 2018/19: A Visca Wanda

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2-0 Lyon. Terrific finish from Fekir.
    Last edited by Third rate Leszno; 19-09-2018, 19:46. Reason: One fekkin' K in Fekir

Comment

Clearly, the referee in Berne isn't a "homer".

Comment

City's turn to get it handed to them tonight.

Lyon could've had a penalty there, too.

Comment

Originally posted by Diable Rouge View Post
          Even BT appear perplexed, and the camera seemed incredibly distant.
          Sky app is saying violent conduct.

Comment

https://twitter.com/juvefcdotcom/status/1042500701862154240?s=21

https://twitter.com/juvefcdotcom/sta...862154240?s=21

Comment

You can see him dig his fingers into the guy's scalp. It's really embarrassing. What the fuck is he doing? he must be under enormous pressure.

I predict a successful appeal, and an apology from UEFA, after a tearful press conference "I would never cheat. I am a father."

Comment

Deadly counter put Bayern 2-0 up against Benfica. Renato Sanchez both generated the chance and converted it.

Comment

'Almost' all the way from Memphis...

Comment

That goal by silva and the run by sane are the only thing that city have done right in this second half.

Comment

Originally posted by Jah Womble View Post
                      REM/A-ha mashup.

Comment

BT’s commentator just called Man City’s result “a defeat for the Champions League favourites”. I presume he’s unaware of their track record in the competition.

Comment

It was an accurate description of the odds with British bookies before the match though, wasn't it?

Comment

Possibly, it doesn’t make it any less daft of a term to use to describe them.

Comment

I think city may have really underestimated Lyon. I certainly didn't expect them to be that good. They seemed to catch the cold.

Comment

Watching Rio Ferdinand giving credit to Jose mourinho for how well luke Shaw played, and seeing Scholes and hargreaves agreeing, and turning old talking points to new ends, I couldn't help thinking of Fox and Friends.

Comment

hmm, hanging around with Pep is slowly turning Mikel Arteta into Sheldon Cooper. It seems a man can be exposed to too many statistics.

Comment

TNT's coverage was utterly shocking. I assume it was a throwback to how bad US English language TV was at football around 1990. They've taken the Fox "all US pundits" on board but failed to give any of them charisma or imagination.

Ronaldo is being refereed on reputation, one way or another.

Very early days obviously but if there are no trophies this season, will that be the end of Pep?
                                    Last edited by Satchmo Distel; 19-09-2018, 23:09.

Comment

Originally posted by Wouter D View Post
                                      Deadly counter put Bayern 2-0 up against Benfica. Renato Sanchez both generated the chance and converted it.
                                      It pains me to say this, but that has to be one of the most beautifully executed goals ever scored. It wasn't even really a counter - it was a nigh-on perfect sequence of passes played out from one corner flag to the opponent's six-yard box. And I think it's the first time I've ever seen Sanches do anything other than screw up.

Comment

What a good trip that was. Bern is an exceptional city. Kind of like a better Chester that loves bears. We went to the bear park this morning at 7am, and saw a big brown bear called Finn trying to get some kip, resting his head on a log. He shot us a look as if to say WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING UP AT THIS HOUR, before returning to scratching his big dumb head on his branch.

I don't really remember much of the match. We found a bar selling pints of Super Bock for cheap, so stayed there for a bit too long. I'd had an hour and a half kip before leaving the flat at 3.15am to get the plane to Brussels, then Geneva, so I was twatted after a pint or two. I vaguely remember the penalty, and having to go and watch the second half from the lower part of the stand as I was swaying too much and was worried about falling over the side of the tier. I went to bed straight after the game.

Bern was immaculate. Not only did they have loads of bins, but none of them were over-flowing with takeaway boxes like the ones in Manchester. I'm not sure how you get people to have pride in their city to stop littering, but I guess charging ten quid for a kebab helps alleviate some of the problem. No wonder so many of the Swiss all look miserable and unable to have fun, at those prices I'd be a dour bore an all. Every city should be clean, pretty, and full of brown bears having a nap. The (free) trams and trolley-buses were just an added bonus.

3-0 though, eh? We're probably going to win the Champions League. Unlike Manchester City, who are now the first English team to lose four successive Champions League matches. The records continue to tumble in the Pep Revolution.

Comment

How was the sausage plate?

I read that saveloys are based on a Swiss brain sausage originally.

Comment

What classes as cheap Super Bock in Switzerland? In Basel I remember being delighted when we found a place doing Feldschlossen for €6 instead of the €8 it was costing in most places - christ knows what an imported beer would've cost.

Comment

We were paying about 5 or 6 Francs a pint everywhere we went. But the bars were... not the best. Still budgeting was vital.

The sausage plate was a plate of sausages, with a pretzel, some sauerkraut and a massive pretzel. It was, of course, brilliant.
                                              Last edited by EIM; 20-09-2018, 16:32.

Comment

Originally posted by Jah Womble View Post
                                                Originally posted by Wouter D View Post
                                                REM/A-ha mashup.
                                                Sorry, just to check, you got the original Mott the Hoople reference?

Comment

Francs, that’s what I meant, not Euro’s. If you can’t drink supermarket cans in the street, places like treibeis’s kiosk seem to be a good value option. He should open a chain across all the bits of Europe where otfers visit.

Comment

Germany is already absolutely packed with them.

EIM should have gone to the Altes Tramdepot.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X