No announcement yet.

Champions League 2018/19: A Visca Wanda

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I presume this Napoli monstrosity is a European only first kit?

https://twitter.com/footballitalia/status/1042138463301246976?s=21

Comment

2-1 at half time. Although I suspect PSG’s should have been chalked off for offside for a similar reason Mane’s the other day. Cavani in an offside position played for the ball but missed and the full back put it in after that. Good finish though.

Comment

Yes, Cavani clearly offside.

Comment

Ray, I’m afraid so

The change is black

Comment

Originally posted by Gerontophile View Post
            Why on earth is the soccer on TNT in the US? (Aside from it being wall-to-wall on every Spanish language channel.)
            The changes to the Champions League/Europa League coverage on US television are really startling this year. TNT...the creation of a new streaming service from Bleacher Report...Steve Nash as a studio analyst. And worst of all, no Europa League games at all on television until the final.

Comment

TNT's graphics department have decided to abbreviate PSG on the score graphic as...PAR. Mind boggling.

Comment

BT’s team absolutely incandescent that they can’t work out who made the correct decision to disallow Liverpool’s goal and when.
                Last edited by Ray de Galles; 18-09-2018, 20:22.

Comment

Originally posted by Incandenza View Post
                  TNT's graphics department have decided to abbreviate PSG on the score graphic as...PAR. Mind boggling.
                  Same in the Netherlands, and the (presumably official) graphics have them as "Paris" in longform.

Comment

Late decision, but correct.

Comment

The PAR graphics are UEFA-generated and the latest example of the Qataris’ attempts to rebrand their club as “Paris”, notwithstanding all of the historical reasons why that is inappropriate.

Stade Francais have been pushing a similar ruse in rugby union for some time.

Comment

PAR on RTE, PSG on BT sport

Comment

Given that “Jordan Brand and Paris Saint-Germain share a distinct position in sport and style” you’d think the font they use for name and numbers wouldn’t look like left over Umbro stock from the mid-nineties.
                          Last edited by Ray de Galles; 18-09-2018, 22:45.

Comment

Oh, thank fuck.

Comment

Originally posted by Wouter D View Post
                              This Dortmund kit is shit. if Probably not so bad if you're a steward or traffic warden or somesuch. Some job in which high visibility is paramount. But Dortmund kits need more black than this.
                              The first choice shorts are black, they are wearing alternate yellow ones because of the clash with Brugge’s

Comment

That is a very funny goal for Liverpool to give away, and they did give it away.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post
                                  The first choice shorts are black, they are wearing alternate yellow ones because of the clash with Brugge’s
                                  I appreciate that Club Brugge should play in their home colors for a home game, but I'd expect Dortmund to then go to something completely different. This looks so half-assed. Just wear fucking all green or whatever.

Comment

Originally posted by Wouter D View Post
                                    I appreciate that Club Brugge should play in their home colors for a home game, but I'd expect Dortmund to then go to something completely different. This looks so half-assed. Just wear fucking all green or whatever.
                                    Conversely, I always like a team to have complimentary alternate shorts/socks in case of a clash with only one/both of those elements rather than making a wholesale change when it isn’t really required.

Comment

Lovely goal from Firmino should give Liverpool a deserved win.

Comment

Hehehehe

Comment

And thanks to BDG, Bored will get the celebration

Comment

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post
                                            Conversely, I always like a team to have complimentary alternate shorts/socks in case of a clash with only one/both of those elements rather than making a wholesale change when it isn’t really required.
                                            Perhaps this is an overreaction of mine to that ghastly left-half-yellow, right-half-zig-zag-black-across-yellow monstrosity BVB had recently.

Comment

Not much evidence that PSG have learned from their past failures, although a 3-2 away loss would be a good result for them in a knock-out round.

Comment

PSG were really weird. So much so Liverpool fell asleep for a bit. Would have been silly to have dropped points because of it.

Comment

Pulisic's goal was as weird as Dembélé 's was sublime

Comment

What's the story with salah throwing the bottle in rage when liverpool scored a winner?

Comment

Working...
                                                    X