How fun is it to be Andy Serkis?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How fun is it to be Andy Serkis?

Probably a decent actor but most likely also one of the most auto-cast in the history of film.

All he gets to play is CGI/Blue screen Gollum, CGI/Blue screen apes, someone CGI in yet another Marvel/DC Comics movie where you never see his face, or a character in yet another bloody movie about Mowgli. How many movies about Rudyard's animals has there been made now the past 5 years? Ten?

I'm sure he laughs all the way to the ATM, but it must sometimes get tedious with what offers come along.
    Last edited by Pietro Paolo Virdis; 10-06-2018, 16:00.

Even in Black Panther they removed his arm with CGI.
    If you want to see him as a real life actor then watch him in Sex & Drugs & Rock & Roll.

Comment

ha, I recall seeing him in 3 things, 2 of which were non-human CGI-assisted roles.

The "normal" role was as Rigaud in the BBC dramatisation of Little Dorrit

The other two things were one of the recent Planet of the Apes films, and a recent BBC documentary about Neanderthals (which had a fair bit of him being interviewed about the task he was performing).

Comment

He's in a good little Irish film called "Death of a Superhero" which - if you can find it - I can recommend. He basically plays Robin Williams' role from Good Will Hunting, but in Dublin.

Comment

He was in King Kong as himself.

[Spoiler]
          He gets eaten by a giant slug
          [/Spoiler]

Comment

Serkis’s Caesar is one of the great recent movie heroes, he should have got a best actor nomination for ‘War...’.

I love the POTA reboot trilogy, the Prince Charles ran them as a triple bill the other night and I was sorely tempted to go even though I’ve rewatched them all on TV in the last few months.
            Last edited by Ray de Galles; 10-06-2018, 15:18.

Comment

Originally posted by Pietro Paolo Virdis View Post
              All he gets to play is CGI/Blue screen Gollum, CGI/Blue screen apes, someone CGI in yet another Marvel/DC Comics movie where you never see his face

Comment

Dogbeak beat me to it, although accounts of Martin Hannett's life suggest that by the end he might better have been represented in stop motion CGI.

Comment

Will try to find some of his other now

Comment

Can we correct his name - SERKIS

Comment

Originally posted by Pietro Paolo Virdis View Post
                      Probably a decent actor but most likely also one of the most auto-cast in the history of film.
                      He's also done conventional acting and he's directing. A more impressive CV than mine, I fancy.

Comment

Originally posted by Nefertiti2 View Post
                        Can we correct his name - SERKIS
                        Changed, but don't know why old is still displayed

Comment

I think only Snake can change thread titles now.

Comment

Working...
                          X