Looks like rain, dear: Carabao Cup 2018-19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by longeared View Post
    Can't have a televised game opposite the UEFA Super Cup, apparently.
    This was on in the pub and it was well into the second half before I twigged it wasn't the Spanish version of the Charity Shield.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin S View Post
      Still regionalised at this point, which puts a bigger proportion of the Premier League teams in the Southern section.
      And means that I'll go another season without seeing a game in the competition...

Comment

Interestingly though the Southern section now has far fewer Championship teams in it, with the League Two sides having fared better in that region.

NP = 19%
        NC = 46%
        N1 = 23%
        N2 = 12%

SP = 34%
        SC = 24%
        S1 = 21%
        S2 = 21%

Comment

What a load of bollocks that is. I mean, who really gives the first fig about the UEFA Super Cup?

On Tuesday I saw Mansfield thrash an Accrington team featuring three debutant young (teenage?) defenders. That said, even at 1-4 I had a feeling Stanley could get back into it. Then their best player n the night, a new name to me in Sam Finley, went off with a knock and they were down to ten having used all their subs. Mansfield were a little flattered, but as a neutral it is interesting to see David Flitcroft doing well after seemingly being dubbed as useless by most lower league pundits.

Calum Butcher was very good for Mansfield in an attacking midfield role and may be a dark horse whose not been considered by pundits amongst their array of attacking options.

Comment

Originally posted by Capybara View Post
            This was on in the pub and it was well into the second half before I twigged it wasn't the Spanish version of the Charity Shield.
            Talking of which, did that actually happen in the end? There was some doubt it would after it was deemed to be not a professional match, or some such tomfoolery.

Comment

Originally posted by Janik View Post
              Talking of which, did that actually happen in the end? There was some doubt it would after it was deemed to be not a professional match, or some such tomfoolery.
              Yes it was at the weekend, Barcelona beat Sevilla 2-1 (I think). It was downgraded to a friendly (rightly so, as should the community shield)

Comment

That’s right.

It was played in Tangier Morocco.

In their infinite wisdom, the Spanish authorities determined that the match was “official” without being “professional” (the import of the latter being that the clubs’k squads did not need to comply with rules limiting the number of non-EU players).

Comment

I seem to remember Arsenal - Zaragoza in a European final being played more or less simultaneously with a Man Utd home game. How things have changed (if I'm right in this assertion, that is).

Comment

Wimbledon v West Ham in the next round, that's an obvious candidate for the telly.

Comment

Tan United away. Arses.

Comment

Wimbledon v West Ham in the next round, that's an obvious candidate for the telly.
                        I bloody hope so and that it’s scheduled for the Wednesday as I’ve got tickets booked to take my musical mad younger daughter to ‘The Book of Mormon’ on the Tuesday.

Wimbledon’s afore-mentioned recent record in this competition clearly means I have lost any perception of when the second round falls.

Comment

Our defence is absolutely fucking appalling, especially Joost van Aken. Three million quid we wasted on him!

Comment

Cheltenham away to Brentford - that's a pasting then and another failure to reach the 3rd round.

Comment

Completely undeserved but we'll take that. Pretty much a replica of the first goal I saw at Parkgate last night.

Comment

Barry Bannan has executed some lovely passes tonight and that was a pinpoint cross for our second.

Comment

WEMBLEY WEMBLEY WE'RE THE FAMOUS SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY AND WE'RE GOING TO WEMBLEY

Comment

Hadn't realised that the second round was also regionalised. Had been hoping for an away trip to West Ham. Still, away to Blackburn is winnable but we'll be without Scott Wharton, unless permission is granted to play against his parent club.

Comment

Here we go again, folks!

Sky games: AFC Wimbledon v West Ham United tonight and Nottingham Forest v Newcastle United tomorrow.

Comment

Tickets available for £6 at Hull tonight so I'll stroll round for a look.

Comment

Yowsers, we're winning at 'Cardiff'.

Comment

By two!

Comment

Kapow! 1-3 to the yellow and green! Last 32, here we come #nameontheenergydrinksponsoredtrophy

Comment

Anyone see the Wimbledon v West Ham game and have a neutral’s view on the validity of the sending off that appears to have decided the game? I’m hearing the second yellow was unjustified from partisan sources.

Comment

Fuck all that nonsense. Saido Berahino has scored a goal.

Comment

Fielding an entirely different eleven from our win on Saturday we managed to comfortably put away Bristol Rovers. Most significantly it means everyone in the squad has been part of a winning team this week. I'd hope it does wonders for their collective confidence. Guess we'll find out at St Andrews on Saturday.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X