No announcement yet.

Looks like rain, dear: Carabao Cup 2018-19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Norwich have fluked what may be a winner.

Comment

Pukki nets Norwich's third after coming off the bench to set up the second. Job done. Go Teemu.

Comment

Woo hoo, we won a football match! A cup game too. I've got palpitations

Comment

Exeter v Ipswich currently in a shootout

Exeter X O O O
          Ipswich X O O X

Comment

Wimbledon have just won their first League Cup game since returning to the league seven years ago, away at Portsmouth.

Comment

Lee Martin with a chance to win it for Exeter...

Comment

And he's done it, knocking his former club out. Grecians through.

Comment

Shrewsbury are free to concentrate on the league until the FA Cup starts.

Was hoping they'd get through and get drawn away at Newport.

Comment

Nice to go to an aged rival with 3 academy kids in your starting X1 and come away with the win, even more satisfying is the newly-signed-by-the-oppo midfielder who mugged you off in the media sending his penalty into geostationary orbit. Chortle.

Comment

For the third season in a row our first win has come in the League Cup, although we did our level best to throw it away. 2-0 up with 10 mins to go we concede two in a minute.

Fortunately we were able to win our first penalty shootout since 2002 and progress to the second round, where we will lose as we have never progressed to the 3rd round in this competition before.

Comment

So it's not just us with a terrible League Cup record. First time in round two since 2012, only the second time since 2005 and the thrid since 1992 - we really don't do the League Cup.

However understrength Bristol City may have been doesn't matter, beating them is always satisfying.

Comment

Barnsley had over 900 fans at Blackpool although some of those may have been using the game as part of their holiday in the town.

Comment

Well I had a steaming hot bowl of Carabao this morning to celebrate Lincoln's first league cup victory since 2005. What a remarkable 4-0 result away at Port Vale.

Comment

10 matches went to penalties

Comment

Nine apparently.

Comment

Originally posted by Amor de Cosmos View Post
                                  Woo hoo, we won a football match! A cup game too. I've got palpitations
                                  Whereas Shteve has Saturday Night Fever.

Comment

I'm sure TrL has lots more to say about last night than I, but I'll at least save him these words:

Oh fuck OFF, Carlisle.

Comment

Originally posted by Toby Gymshorts View Post
                                      I'm sure TrL has lots more to say about last night than I, but I'll at least save him these words:

Oh fuck OFF, Carlisle.
                                      You know what, we actually played ok. Blackburn were clinical, punished us for every mistake, but we hit the bar twice, made their keeper work and generally looked really threatening going forward. There'll be goals in this team, it's just a question of whether there'll be enough to overcome the ongoing defensive catastrophes on a regular basis.

Comment

More making it up as they go along from the EFL:

Originally posted by Kevin S View Post
                                        * Rounds one and two will not be seeded, but round one will still be regionalised
                                        The draw numbers indicate that round two is regionalised as well. Also spot that Villa and West Brom have moved from the southern section to the north.

Comment

Makes sense from a financial viewpoint to keep travel costs down.

Comment

The draw is going to be live on Sky Sports at 7pm. It seems they've learned from the gimmicks last year.

Comment

Certainly last year's gimmick of Ipswich winning a game was quickly abandoned.

Comment

Does anyone know why every game was on Tuesday except one which wasn't on Wednesday, but will be tonight?

Comment

Can't have a televised game opposite the UEFA Super Cup, apparently.

Comment

Here are the ball numbers. Still regionalised at this point, which puts a bigger proportion of the Premier League teams in the Southern section.

The seven teams in Europe have a bye to round 3 (that's Man C, Man U, Chelsea, Spurs, Arsenal, Liverpool and Burnley).

Comment

Working...
                                                    X