No announcement yet.

Looks like rain, dear: Carabao Cup 2018-19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It was a cracker. But watch again to see Moreno sail past him like a kid running for an ice cream van. There's your obvious defensive fuck up.

Comment

I got a message from Garcia to dig out a clip of the hazard goal, and my god what a finish, but it would look very different if you were to digitally edit moreno out of the video, to more accurately reflect the help he was giving the liverpool defence. I think moreno is three of the people that hazard beats.

Comment

It's like in Moreno's mind, Mignolet has already saved it and thrown it out to the left wing for him to chase. It's the only reason I can think of for him running past like that. Maybe he exists outside our spacetime, like a shit-haired Andriy Voronin.

Comment

Originally posted by That Night In Barcelona View Post
          Can't wait for the person whose entire experience of the sport is passively watching it on a screen to post a long message on here about how he has won his club back from the man who is rude in press conferences.
          It's not that he's rude in press conferences, it's that he's a toxic narcissist, who will destroy careers to protect his brand as a winner. There is no limit to the damage he will do to protect that image. He's basically the Footballing Donald Trump, who plays on people's manly misconceptions about football, to cover for his lack of tactical sophistication. He's just a Damaged little prick who is taking it out on the world.

Comment

Manchester City vs Fulham
            AFC Bournemouth vs Norwich City
            Arsenal vs Blackpool
            Leicester City vs Everton/Southampton
            West Ham United vs Tottenham Hotspur
            Middlesbrough vs Crystal Palace
            Chelsea vs Frank Lampard's Derby County
            Burton Albion vs Nottingham Forest

Comment

Fucksocks. Forest at home was a winnable one. (Good luck to Burton BTW.)

Comment

Originally posted by hobbes View Post
                like a shit-haired Andriy Voronin.
                Andriy Voronin, then?

Comment

Spurs look the vulnerable big club in that draw, assuming West Ham are up for it.

Comment

They put us out at this stage last season, so I'd not be especially surprised.

Comment

Just the two games tomorrow night, as the Leicester v Southampton game is of course postponed.

Bit surprised that Sky have gone for Burton v Forest.

Comment

I’m sure it’s the Clough/Forest link and the significance the League Cup had for Nigel as a player and Brian as a manager.

Comment

It's also if not a derby because of the lack of history between the clubs, at least a pretty local confrontation.
                          Last edited by Janik; 30-10-2018, 08:07.

Comment

Indeed, I was going to say I was just surprised they didn't get Chelsea v FLDCFC tonight and do West Ham v Spurs tomorrow. Quite pleased they didn't though.

Comment

Bugger.

Comment

Congrats to Burton, reaching their first cup QF. They are a very annoying club, achieving more in a few seasons than mine (and a few others) have managed in several generations of hanging around the lower divisions. And we can't even blame some foreign oil-igarch.
                                Last edited by tee rex; 30-10-2018, 23:22.

Comment

And still congrats to Burton.

Can a 3rd tier team play in the Europa League these days?

Comment

I’m not aware of any formal bar, although they might well have to play at another ground and would become subject to UEFA’s version of Financial Fair Play.

Comment

Burton are run tremendously well by Ben Robinson, think their record signing is circa £500k

With the decent links with Derby, am pretty certain that if they had to then they could play at Pride park.

The whole story of Burton from when Nigel Clough took over is nothing short of miraculous.

Comment

My dentist in Milano was from Burton.

He was surprised when I told him that they had a professional football club.

Comment

They would probably be okay playing a second qualifying round tie at the Pirelli Stadium - that's the last round at which a Category 2 ground is permitted, which requires at least 1500 seats (amongst other requirements). After that they would need to play somewhere else - a Category 3 (4500 seats) stadium in the third qualifying round and a Category 4 (8000 seats) in the playoff round and beyond.

The chances are that, in the unlikely event that they did qualify for Europe, Burton would play even the second qualifying round tie elsewhere, as they would be limited to only the seated capacity of the ground (2034 minus any seats left empty due to segregation, etc).

Comment

Originally posted by The-Reverend View Post
                                            Burton are run tremendously well by Ben Robinson, think their record signing is circa £500k

With the decent links with Derby, am pretty certain that if they had to then they could play at Pride park.

The whole story of Burton from when Nigel Clough took over is nothing short of miraculous.
                                            Yes, though there's the possible issue with midweek League matches if Derby are at home. And I suppose Burton might struggle with Saturday-Tuesday-Thursday-Saturday scheduling, especially if the Thursday is in Azerbaijan.

Comment

"A reminder that @piersmorgan and @petercrouch will conduct tonight's #CarabaoCup Semi-Final draw."

Comment

I hope Crouch pulls his hair

Comment

Poor Burton.

Comment

Supporters arriving late, traffic problems, so they might have missed all or most of the goals.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X