Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PL matches on Amazon

https://twitter.com/cg_williams/stat...48260802314240

128 games on Sky, 52 on BT, 20 on Amazon. Although I think only midweek and Bank holiday games.

Kind of inevitable.

I was always curious why Amazon, Apple or Google never bid for the Premier League, to drive traffic to their streaming devices and services. A few billion quid is small change to them.

Comment

It's basically two matchdays exclusively on Prime, and nowt else. Kind of a weird package.

Comment

Originally posted by Flynnie View Post
        It's basically two matchdays exclusively on Prime, and nowt else. Kind of a weird package.
        I'm guessing they think it'll drive more customers to use Amazon Prime. Or raise its profile.

Comment

Exactly

They are constantly adding "benefits" so that one is more inclined to join or renew. There's been a particular flurry of such enticements here, as they just raised the annual fee by USD 20.

Comment

I don't really understand what Amazon Prime is, but can they get it in pubs is something that I now need to know.

Comment

Extremely unlikely, I would have thought. The idea is to get people to subscribe online, so offering a service that obviates that defies the point.

Comment

Originally posted by pebblethefish View Post
                I don't really understand what Amazon Prime is, but can they get it in pubs is something that I now need to know.
                Pretty easily with a smart TV or a Roku I imagine.

It's basically Netflix.

Comment

There is a difference between practical and legal here.

Comment

I never really thought about it before, but there must be something in the Terms of Service for all of the streaming services that addresses this.

Though I do wonder if Amazon would be anywhere near as fierce in protecting their rights in this respect as the likes of Sky

Comment

Sky's business model was largely built around football rights in the 90s so their behavior is more understandable from a business POV.

Comment

I don't think ursus was saying it wasn't understandable behaviour.

Comment

I was agreeing with him but did not make that clear.

Comment

Indeed, Satchmo provided the explanation I omitted.

Comment

Working...
                            X