• Show
Clear All

Bumblebee movie

Transformers sans Michael Bay.

Bumblebee back as a yellow bug.

Starscream in his proper colour scheme.

No Shia LaBeouf.

I'm quite excited by this prospect.

Just saw it. A real 80s style buddy action romp. A bit of schmaltz. Some great lines, a few laughs and a lot less Michael Baying.
    Thoroughly enjoyable, I thought. I came out of the cinema feeling really good.

Comment

I've only seen the trailer but I was like 'Yup' . Same with this animated Spider Man.

Comment

I was a bit disappointed with it tbh. I mean, I enjoyed it, and it's probably as good a Transformers film as we are ever going to get, it just didn't work for me. I think it was trying too hard to be "1987" with all the pop culture references - a bit like how the Goldbergs throws everything 80s onto the screen at the same time. The lead actress was OK. John Cena had the best line "I mean, they're called Decepticons... is no one else concerned about that?" but wasn't that great as the lead actor.

I really liked the scene at the end when Bumblebee's driving across the Golden Gate Bridge next to a very familiar looking truck. They didn't need the follow up mid-credits scenes.

Comment

Working...
        X