Return of the Macc - Division 4 2018-19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RobW View Post
    The ref completely ruined the game between Lincoln and Cambridge yesterday for sending off City's Ellis Chapman for a really soft late tackle (if that). I've seen it several times, it's a 50-50 between him and the Cambridge player and I still can't fathom how the ref decided to give a straight red, without consulting either the fourth official or his assistant. It's barely a yellow, and in fairness to Cambridge they've said they'll help with appealing against it. Ref also missed a blatant penalty to the visitors apparently, the standard of officials is so, so bad. Very happy with a point after playing for 70 mins with 10 men, but losing a few players to injuries and I think we might have to move Michael Bostwick to centre mid for cover.
    Sorry Rob, but this is a red.

Comment

Ha, yep. Was literally just going to link to that picture. https://twitter.com/AndyPearson68/st...28324878221312. It looks so innocuous in real time but can't really argue. My apologies to the ref. I think is Ellis put any more force into that challenge, it would have been very nasty for the Cambridge player.

Comment

It would be nice for a manager to say the same thing when confronted with clear evidence. Something like 'I castigated the ref on Saturday evening, but now I have to accept that his interpretation of the tackle was accurate and mine was flawed.' It might actually make refs take future complaints from a manager that does this more seriously, because if managers stick to their guns when wrong it's very easy for refs to completely ignore anything they say as coming from a proven know-nothing bozo.

Comment

Very emotional day at Gigg on Saturday as Lenny Johnrose came back. He got a great reception:

https://twitter.com/LJohnrose/status...24749581484035

Comment

We drew away to the local advertising board of Ecotricity on Saturday.

A decent result in the grand scheme of things but Michael Duff is still awaiting his first win as manager...

Comment

I'm all but done with Carlisle after Saturday's shambles at Macclesfield. Paper thin squad exposed when two defenders got injuries and we had no sub defenders on the bench, so we went into the last fifteen minutes 1 up but with midfielders attempting to play at full back, with an inevitable outcome.

One of these was either making his league debut or at least one of his first appearances, and with his first involvement lunged in and gave away a cheap penalty, then a few minutes later was outpaced by a striker several stones heavier than him, who crossed for the winner, tapped in at the back post where a left back should have been. The poor lad left the pitch in tears, shouldn't have been put in that position (literally).

We've got very few actual senior, contracted pros - the squad is held together with youth team graduates, short term signings and loanees, of which two are on loan from Fleetwood and three on loan from The Borrowers.

The club is rotten from top to bottom, the stadium is falling to bits and the amateur nature of things was displayed again last week - after going to the trouble of producing a commemorative programme after Tony Hopper's sad demise, and announcing the profits would go to his charity, they didn't order enough and sold out long before kick off. Then two days later they proudly announced they'd been to the printers and got some more copies printed. All 50 of them.

Like most our players (well the few that are going to be here that long) I'm seeing out my contractual commitments for the rest of this season with the bare minimum of effort.

Comment

Originally posted by Walt Flanagans Dog View Post
                I'm all but done with Carlisle after Saturday's shambles at Macclesfield. Paper thin squad exposed when two defenders got injuries and we had no sub defenders on the bench, so we went into the last fifteen minutes 1 up but with midfielders attempting to play at full back, with an inevitable outcome.

One of these was either making his league debut or at least one of his first appearances, and with his first involvement lunged in and gave away a cheap penalty, then a few minutes later was outpaced by a striker several stones heavier than him, who crossed for the winner, tapped in at the back post where a left back should have been. The poor lad left the pitch in tears, shouldn't have been put in that position (literally).

We've got very few actual senior, contracted pros - the squad is held together with youth team graduates, short term signings and loanees, of which two are on loan from Fleetwood and three on loan from The Borrowers.

The club is rotten from top to bottom, the stadium is falling to bits and the amateur nature of things was displayed again last week - after going to the trouble of producing a commemorative programme after Tony Hopper's sad demise, and announcing the profits would go to his charity, they didn't order enough and sold out long before kick off. Then two days later they proudly announced they'd been to the printers and got some more copies printed. All 50 of them.

Like most our players (well the few that are going to be here that long) I'm seeing out my contractual commitments for the rest of this season with the bare minimum of effort.
                Odds on you'll win tomorrow night then.

Comment

You’re right, it is exactly the sort of thing we’d do, but if you’d seen the state of the performance on Saturday you’d realise it’s highly improbable.

Still, I’ve lumped on at 19/4.

Comment

Another good performance and a good win last night. 4 consecutive clean sheets and 3 wins out of 4. Down the road Lincoln have taken on true big club mentality by taking to moaning about anything and everything when they don't win.

Comment

One third of the season gone, and it looks like the jury's in: everyone is rubbish.

Exeter City's new grandstand open for business. That's the news we're focusing on today.

Comment

Kevin Ellison’s scored against us again. It’s simply ridiculous. Nowadays there’s a palpable air of resignation among the Newport supporters as soon as he gets off the bench to warm up.

Comment

Originally posted by tee rex View Post
                          Exeter City's new grandstand open for business. That's the news we're focusing on today.
                          Does that replace the original grandstand or the covered terrace that used to run down the whole touchline?

Comment

Barring a miracle in January, with half the squad needing to be replaced, we're down. It's impossible to see where the next win is coming from. We were woeful yesterday and could be playing now and not remotely look like scoring.

Defensively we're not too bad, but we have nothing at all in the middle and not very much up front.

Comment

Carlisle find new ways of letting me down.

This week, without being hampered by having to drive later or run the next day, I was happily anticipating cold and wet weather, another dismal performance and an excuse to sack it off for the nice warm pub by 4.30.

However they contrived to put on the most entertaining game I've seen so far this season, by going two up in the first fifteen minutes before allowing HORN's boys back into it, and then some - they were clearly the better team in the second half. When Newport equalised I thought there would only be one winner and that losing after going two up would break the team, but then another surprise came as returning (and much missed, which shows the standard we've ended up with in his absence) captain and left back Danny Grainger hammered in an injury time winner from twenty yards.

I'd already committed to going to Crewe in the cup on Saturday - it's only 14 quid return on the train, and I'm getting work done in the house so need to be out the way - and am now sort of looking forward to it.

Comment

Another loss, another implosion via every medium going from large groups of supporters whether it be via local radio, social media or message boards. Is this really the world we live in when it doesn't go your way? I think some of the questions some are asking about the board are fair and genuine but the abuse is unnecessary.

Comment

Macc have confirmed that Sol Campbell has taken charge today.

Comment

Normally I'd want to see a black manager being a success, but this feeling is more than tempered by the fact that he's a Tory cunt.

Comment

Impressive start for the boy, Campbell.

Comment

Ooooh, that was fun!

Comment

Originally posted by tee rex View Post
                                          One third of the season gone, and it looks like the jury's in: everyone is rubbish.

No we're not. I'd urge you to watch the assist for Nicky Maynard's second last night:

https://twitter.com/BuryfcNorway/sta...31135192829953

Comment

Notice the Norwegian Robins were the first to comment on that video.

No qualms from me, looks like Bury were good and we simply weren't last night. A shame as we had gone into the game in a bit of form. I suppose we did better than the last 3 teams to play Bury at Gigg Lane - their 3 previous results were 4-0, 5-0 and 4-0 again. At least we got 1.

Comment

Bury taken over today:

https://www.buryfc.co.uk/news/2018/d...ers-announced/

Comment

See ya later Matt Green. Despite scoring 17 times last season and scoring our first this season, he barely got a look in when John Akinde arrived. Shame, but our loss is Salford's gain and we got some money at least.

Comment

Four wins on the bounce for Carlisle to end the calendar year - a point off the play offs and three off the automatic places. Obvious turnaround from when I was moaning about them upthread, however there is evident disquiet in the camp, with manager John Sheridan falling out with a couple of players in a very public manner, others being told they are free to go in the window and the contract/loan extensions that we really need still to be agreed.

Still, I would have taken this a few weeks ago and am actually looking forward to games now.
                                                  Last edited by Walt Flanagans Dog; 29-12-2018, 18:33.

Comment

Well, that was a fantastic December. A few people are getting a bit carried away and talking seriously about promotion but we have Mansfield, Lincoln, Palace, Macc, FGR and MK Dons in January. The wheels could come flying off again.

Exeter 1-2 Grimsby yesterday was a great example of how we have a long way to go. Other than our two goals I don't think we registered a shot on target whereas the Grecians had over 30. McKeown in goal was brilliant. We also had 4 youth team graduates in the first team squad yesterday. 1 started and two others came off the bench and were pivotal in our victory. This has been one of the best things about Jolley's appointment at Blundell Park. He is gone back to investing in our youth setup and hopefully we can reap the rewards.

Finally, a word on Exeter. Both the city and club seems really nice. The ground is fantastic for that level. Terraces behind each goal and to good stands along the sides, fantastic pitch, a great clubhouse (open to all) and an 87 page programme for £3. I really enjoyed visiting. It is all the more pleasing when you remember it is supporter led.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X