X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Though after they handed Boro the winner

Comment

He's very welcome to it.

We remind me of a Berbaslug description of Chelsea a few seasons back, like a horse sitting on your face then Drogba scores, but more second division.
      Anyway, ignore me, I'm full of Dunkel Hefeweizen.

Comment

Bit late to the party on this, but Pulis has got his Pulisball nicely in place at Boro now, they should be play offs at absolute minimum. We on the other hand were trying to play it out from the back with players not capable of doing so.

Some other random thoughts on last night's game. Nuhiu was fucking brilliant when he came on. Still don't get the fuss our fans make over Matt Penney. Ayala should be deported for having the temerity to elbow one of our players. Cracking goalmouth scramble at the end, straight out of the NCEL that was.

Comment

We came from behind to win away at Forest. Shades of the Lambert era, doing stuff like that...

Comment

A extremely comfortable 2–0 win at Ipswich. Who, based on today's performance and the crowd reaction, are a shoo to win this season's Team Everyone Feels Most Sorry For Award.

Comment

A mate told me he saw SM at Eaglescliffe train station a week or two back, waiting for the Grand Central. Two other lads spotted him, and the gobbier of the two asked, 'ow, Steve, how are you enjoying QPR?', to which the reply was, 'enjoying? Enduring.'

Comment

If it was a month or so, rather than a couple of weeks back, I'm sure that'd be right. Things appear to have settled down a bit lately. Whether it lasts is, of course, another matter.

Comment

Originally posted by Amor de Cosmos View Post
                  A extremely comfortable 2–0 win at Ipswich. Who, based on today's performance and the crowd reaction, are a shoo to win this season's Team Everyone Feels Most Sorry For Award.
                  Really? As an Ipswich fan I'm slightly confused as to why anyone would feel sorry for us as we seem to be an absolute shambles and have been stagnating for a good while now.

Comment

Empathy. Some of us have been a shambles too, we feel your pain. Also there's an uncomfortable sense we may become the next 'mid-table for a decade' club.

Comment

I've always had a soft spot for Ipswich . Should have replaced two champions off the English list, Derby in 1975 and Villa in 1981. Ipswich were the better side both years.
                      Last edited by Rogin the Armchair fan; 23-10-2018, 06:43.

Comment

Might have been better - but lost crucial games in both seasons. Away form in 74-75 was poor and dropped points to relegated teams. Everyone remembers Middlesbrough loss from 80-81 but that was only one of many defeats at the end - 6 out of last 8 as games piled up. Too many draws earlier in the season too.

As I said a few pages back they're gone this season. Just a complete lack of experience and quality. You get what you pay for.
                        Last edited by Uncle Ethan; 23-10-2018, 05:11.

Comment

With apologies for the Adrian Durham content, here's Matt Holland on the situation:

Comment

This tweet and reply from after Saturday's match kind of summed up where Hurst is at the moment I think.

https://twitter.com/Devereuxxx/status/1053684478823014403

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin S View Post
                              We came from behind to win away at Forest. Shades of the Lambert era, doing stuff like that...
                              Getting a bit giddy now. Another turn around takes us up to fourth, two points off the top.

Comment

That Rhodes chap is doing alright for you, wish we had someone like him.

Comment

I thought it was all about the Nuhiu for the Owls these days anyway?

But in Rhodes' case that was only his second Championship goal so far (his season tally is boosted by a Reindeer Cup hat trick against Wycombe).

Comment

Arguably our best performance of the year against The Wednesday. Gotta say McClaren has them better organised than any version of QPR I've seen since Warnock's promotion team — which also had way more talent.

Comment

We've got an away point! Rejoice!

Comment

And not a bad one to get really.

Comment

Birmingham under Gary Monk unbeaten in 10, won their last 3 and a point outside the play offs.

Such a shame. I've had my hopes raised for a couple of seasons that Birmingham would be ignominiously cast into the outer darkness where there is naught but the gnashing and wailing of teeth. Or League 1 as it's otherwise known.

Comment

Yes, they've recovered from 'Arry surprisingly quickly. It took most of us several seasons.

Comment

After naming an unchanged team at the weekend, Paul Hurst made seven changes to his starting eleven tonight, with a couple of players recalled from out of the blue. He really has no idea what his best - or least terrible - team is. They were rubbish again, anyway.

Comment

I cannot recall a worse string of matches by a new manager. I actually feel sorry for the guy. He is simply out of his depth. What an utter shambles the club is. Makes me really sad.

Comment

For all that Shrewsbury fans exploded in rage when he left, objectively Hurst both over-achieved and failed last season. The game plan was always to sit back and hit on the break and when that didn't work there wasn't really a plan B. It did work a lot of the time, mainly because Shrewsbury had some good players (as in good for League 1), with most of them on loan.

But he failed in a cup final against a div 4 agricultural side. Once the play offs were secured the team lost every remaining game, which he didn't give a shit about. They then won the semi final against a team managed by an inexperienced manager, then failed to win at Wembley for the second time in 6 weeks. At the end of the season Shrewsbury were still in the same division, and their Wembley record had gone from 0 from 3 to 0 from 5. The team broke up, as loanee dependent teams always will, he took his two best signings and his few signings who have stayed aren't winning plaudits.

Comment

And Hurst is sacked. That went well for everyone.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X