No announcement yet.

Griffin's Penultimate Stand - Division 2 2018-19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Forest v West Brom has been shifted to avoid a clash with the Test match at Trent Bridge that week. No idea about the reason for the Middlesbrough game.

Comment

Heard talk of a clash later on with a Sky game for the other, not enough rest time or some-such. So they've gone for it now, with exactly the same rest time between games.

Comment

That makes sense - West Brom travel to Middlesbrough for a Sky game on Friday 24th.

Comment

We're off the bottom! On alphabetic order! With a game in hand! It probably won't get better than this!

Comment

The dark comedy continues over at the KC, one game in and fans are already on certain player's backs, the transfer window has been and gone with nil investment and a statement from Nigel Fucking Adkins along similar lines to the one that got Nicky Barmby sacked 6 years ago (which would delight me, tbh. Some of our 'fans' have been indulging in horrific chummy banter with him on Twitter, and it's vomit inducing). The story of a board member being instructed to find new owners broke for the fifth transfer window running, so we know that's bollocks, estimates suggest that there were no more than 9,000 home fans at Monday night's game, and the owners have employed a new bullshit generator, who actually seems like a nice girl, but has been tweeting about 'International Brand Management' (ugh) regarding the use of Hull City Tigers/Hull Tigers in various formats. Certain supporters are randomly sticking the boot into other fans over non-attendance, claiming it doesn't entitle you to an opinion about anything ever, and no one is sure whether David Marshall is just cursed or he really is that bad.

But other than that, everything is just fine.

Comment

Didn't David Marshall used to be really good at Cardiff? Maybe Hull has done that to him...

Comment

Originally posted by JM Footzee View Post
                Didn't David Marshall used to be really good at Cardiff? Maybe Hull has done that to him...
                It wouldn't be the first time a player who's been a world beater against us has been signed and gone to shit. Round here it's called 'The Ryan Williams Effect'

Comment

It looks as if Tony Fernandes may be stepping down as co-chairman of QPR. His preference for communication by Twitter exceeds even that of the other Great Helmsmen, and consequently he's become a lightning rod for every hoops-hating troll on the internet, and held responsible for just about everything that's gone wrong over the past five years.

Today he tweeted “my time as chairman is fast coming to a close.” In reality he hasn't ever had full control of the club, and for the past few seasons Ruben Gnanalingam has held a greater number of shares. Nevertheless his constant messaging has ensured he's remained its public face. There's speculation that he may be replaced by Amit Bhatia, who's well liked at Loftus Road, due to his running of the club during our last but one promotion and his work with QPR in the Community. But we'll have to see.

Comment

Above speculation now confirmed. Bhatia takes over as sole chairman. Fernandes and Gnanalingam now vice-Chairmen though retaining majority ownership of the club.

Essentially a required PR move.

Comment

Going on yesterday's post match interview, it appears that our lovely owners have broken the spirit and resolve of yet another manager in possession of an infectiously positive attitude. But while pretty much everyone took sympathy with Leonid Slutsky's treatment, the same can't be said for Adkins, he hung around in the last days of the jovial Russian's reign and swooped on the carcass, knowing full well what he was getting into.

Although the given attendance was 12,000 yesterday, the real figure was a scrap over 10,000. Crowds have been doctored for a couple of years now. 15,000 empty seats. Numbers were never this low in the early days of the ground in League 2.

Hull City isn't a club dying, it's a club being murdered in view of everyone.

Comment

My next very occasional visit to D2 for the Blues- QPR showpiece. Although after yesterday it may be a tad fraught. Postie Washington and Paul Smyth may be contesting the last NI squad place.

Comment

From my admittedly distant and ill informed position, I fear for Bristol City this season.

I think the club appears generally healthy, but It looks to me like the guts have been ripped out of last years team.

Then again, I was worried for them this time last year, and look how that turned out.

I'm really enjoying the Bielsa thing. Possibly the most interesting football story this season.

Comment

Well if we don't beat you at LR on Tuesday then I suspect Schteve is going the have a very uncomfortable meeting with Sir Les and our new chairman the following morning.

Comment

I went to a cracking 2—2 draw at Loftus Road exactly when the whole country was thinking, who is Kate Bush? It was the first week of Wuthering Heights stint at No. 1.

I distinctly remember how weird the other 3 sides of the ground shouting "Rangers" sounded to my 16 year old head. It was like your whole support was 60,(which seemed very old to me at the time).

Still one of best away grounds in the league, though.

Let battle commence on Tuesday, AdeC.

Comment

More depths being plumbed, as it transpires that the club is attempting to take a dead man to court for non payment of membership fees.

A. Dead. Man.

In the words of the yoof, I can't even.

Comment

What's Sky Sports Red Button? Apparently our game against Hull Tiggers is on that tomorrow evening.

Comment

Looks like there are 2 Division 2 games on Sky Main Event - Swansea v Leeds tomorrow & Villa Brentford on Wednesday - but all of the other games are available on that channel via the red button. Don't know if this will be a regular thing when theres a full round of matches or just a one-off.

Comment

Originally posted by Gangster Octopus View Post
                                      What's Sky Sports Red Button? Apparently our game against Hull Tiggers is on that tomorrow evening.
                                      Whatever it is, it isn't on Now TV, so that's one Day Pass they won't be getting from us (for Derby v Ipswich on Tuesday or Norwich v Preston on Weds).

https://twitter.com/nowtvhelp/status/1030881080151289858
                                      https://twitter.com/nowtvhelp/status...81080151289858

Comment

It's a regular thing going forward for midweek Championship games, basically Sky's attempt to plant their tanks on BT's Champions League lawn. It's also why midweek rounds are now spread across both Tuesday and Wednesday.

Not available on Sky Go either. You can pay a tenner to watch the match via your club's iFollow but you'd be brave to do that given the repeated problems there have been with the service so far this season.

Comment

On Norwich, I'm just closing my eyes, putting my fingers in my ears, and then I'll look at the league table sometime in October. It'll all be fine by then.

edit - and I've just tweeted a message to Now TV since their website is clearly listing all the Championship games under 'What's on?' when they are, mostly, Not on.
                                          Last edited by Kevin S; 20-08-2018, 12:35.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin S View Post
                                            On Norwich, I'm just closing my eyes, putting my fingers in my ears, and then I'll look at the league table sometime in October. It'll all be fine by then.
                                            This. Only replacing "Norwich" with "Wednesday"

Comment

I see your masterplan to improve is by (ooh, a wicket at last) painting the away dressing room pink.

Comment

We really are a bit of a comedy club.

Comment

Originally posted by ad hoc View Post
                                                  This. Only replacing "Norwich" with "Wednesday"
                                                  Please can I add Reading?

Comment

I'm saying nothing.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X