No announcement yet.

Griffin's Penultimate Stand - Division 2 2018-19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't condone violence of any sort, but someone throwing a cabbage at Steve Bruce did make me chuckle.

Comment

So the Ipswich first team continued the run of winless matches (and lost their unbeaten home record) last night with a 2-0 defeat to Middlesbrough at Portman Road.

While on Monday the Ipswich U23 team picked up another win, 3-1 at Colchester, and are now top of U23 Premier League 2.

P8 W5 D2 L1 F22 A6

Comment

Originally posted by Rogin the Armchair fan View Post
        I don't condone violence of any sort, but someone throwing a cabbage at Steve Bruce did make me chuckle.
        And just to round things off, he's been sacked.

Comment

Got Radio Norfolk on - they say that Adam Reach has scored another screamer tonight against WBA?

Comment

Adam Reach has just done it again. From about the same position but not a volley this time

https://twitter.com/Spinoutburny/status/1047564897507315713?s=19
            https://twitter.com/Spinoutburny/sta...507315713?s=19

Comment

It's a fine service you're providing here ad hoc.

Lovely finish, that.

Comment

Forestieri apparently adds another for SWFC. You're not missing Rhodes much, it seems, which is working nicely for both of us.

Comment

FLDCFC 0-0 NCFC at half time.

Comment

Woohoo! Klose heads one in from a corner.

Comment

Balls.

Comment

Yeah, I'd started to imagine we'd nick that, based on recent form. Strange thing, expectation in football, innit.

Comment

Indeed. But as soon as I saw the league table afterwards I was happy enough. That result denied Lampard's Derby - a plausible playoff contender - two points at home, so it's a positive. And although the winning run is over, we are now unbeaten in eight matches in the League and the Reindeer Cup.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin S View Post
                            Woohoo! Klose heads one in from a corner.
                            He's at Norwich? How did I miss that?

Comment

Timm, not Miroslav!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timm_Klose

Comment

Originally posted by ad hoc View Post
                                Since there was rightfully love for Mcginn's goal against Wednesday last week, I think it only fair that we similarly rave about Adam Reach's goal for us a few hours ago

https://www.buzz.ie/football/watch-a...elieved-301149
                                Thanks to the Weekly Howl email - some Leeds fans behind the goal had already started an ironic 'wahey' before it dipped into the top corner:

https://twitter.com/edders17/status/1046498598647746563

Comment

Amazing win for Ipswich at Swansea scoring three goals from three shots on target and 26% possession. Chuffed for the travelling fans - that's dedication. Elsewhere abysmal penalty decision against Leeds.

Comment

Originally posted by longeared View Post
                                    We've got a much more difficult run before the next international break, if we're still ninth at that point then I might join the excitement.
                                    Well, now.

That's the second time this season we've entered an international break off the back of a 2-1 away win. If we could manage the same again next month that would be just smashing.

Comment

Takeover talk abound at the KC, not for the first time in the last 4 years, but there's substance in it this time, with former chairman Paul Duffen supposedly the front runner with backing from a couple of Saudi businessmen. It says a lot when the fighting majority of fans are prepared to completely forget about his past indiscretions (although it was Russell Bartlett who lost control of the purse strings and nearly killed us in 2010), so desperate are we to see the back of the Allams.

Naturally, talk has started about a potential new manager, with lazy journalism linking Phil Brown with a return, which I personally wouldn't want to see. Also, a few fans seem keen on seeing Steve Bruce taking the job again, but I can never forgive him for pissing European football up the wall (a point against Stoke more important), and the players he had at his disposal across 2 seasons should have meant comfortable survival in 2015, and automatic promotion in 2016, and he failed on both counts. As long as Adkins isn't part of any prospective new owners plans, though, that will be a start at least.

Comment

Very sorry to lose Dean Smith to Villa. I can’t help but think that he may regret the move, having been fourth or fifth choice and having to accept John Terry as assistant manager. Villa need promotion this season but Smith is the sort of manager who will need time to impose his style of play. Nonetheless, their squad is so strong, anyone other than Steve Bruce should be able to get them playing. And whether he succeeds or fails, he’ll be financially sorted for life.

It’s worth noting that other Brentford managers departing for bigger clubs - Rosler and Warburton - have not succeeded outside the Brentford system. We will have a succession plan in place and I would think that assistant coach Thomas Frank is favourite to take over.

Comment

Leeds put EPL 2 on the agenda again

Comment

Well he can fuck off and die.

Comment

"Radrizzani also argued a big, popular club like Leeds suffers in the Championship". This is the bloke whose on-demand TV company is broadcasting La Liga games on Saturday afternoons, to the fury of the EFL, isn't it?

Comment

I think those broadcasts are blacked out in the UK though, aren't they?

Maybe Leeds United should try, you know, actually getting promoted for once. Just a thought.

Comment

All very well condemning the proposal but there's no denying the current arrangements are a shambles - the whole rotten mess of tv money, scheduling, parachute payments, and the laughable financial fair play arrangements are ensuring that top end football is no longer primarily a sporting contest. Not that I expect 'Mr Radrizzani's insights to add any meaningful improvement.
                                                  Last edited by Glass Half Empty; 13-10-2018, 17:22.

Comment

Again with the Reach scoring a cracker thing.

https://twitter.com/SkyFootball/status/1053382024508162051?s=19

Comment

Working...
                                                    X