No announcement yet.

SalopChat and other clubs - Division 3 2018-19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shrewsbury scored their first league goal at home today. It was an own goal.

The centre back we signed off Lincoln gave away a penalty. Third time he's done that this season already.

Comment

Plenty of positives from yesterday. That is, if people want to look for them.

Comment

Well now, this has gone very quiet.

Comment

I've got nothing to say.

Well, except we're, in the most part, appalling and I've no idea where or when a win is going to come.

Comment

Oxford are marginally better. Two points. But lost again to Wallsall, who look a pretty good side. Karl Robinson won't last the season.

Comment

Good, he's an arsehole.

Comment

Originally posted by TonTon View Post
                Well now, this has gone very quiet.
                Salop aren't winning every game.

Seriously though, I've only seen them once this season. They won and looked pretty good but reverted to defeat mode yesterday.

Comment

Shrewsbury look like a team that will finish in the bottom 10.

Some people on social media are really, really, upset.

I find that mildly amusing for some reason, probably due to the sense of entitlement some feel after one very good, ultimately unsuccessful season.

The latest buzz I picked up at work today is the chairman, and majority shareholder, is looking to off-load his shares.

Comment

Hasn't that been a rumour about Roland several times before?

Comment

Originally posted by Nefertiti2 View Post
                      Oxford are marginally better. Two points. But lost again to Wallsall, who look a pretty good side. Karl Robinson won't last the season.
                      Hope the Mighty Dons put another nail in his coffin today...

Comment

My club is a mess.

Derelict grandstand, portacabin changing rooms and a team of crocks, freebies and never-will-be's. This season is going to end only one way because at this moment even twentieth seems too far.

Comment

After ten games there are 7 teams with less than 10 points. I'm not sure how it usually works out but that seems a large number of teams on less than 1 point per game.

Comment

Watching EFL on Quest. The commentator mentioned Coventry's 34 year stint in the top flight before they got relegated in 2001. Which got me thinking - they've now been out of the top flight for half as long as they were in it. How long will they still be referred to as a former Premier League team?

Comment

Doesn't Oldham still get that occasionally?

Comment

I don't think they do, no.

Comment

I think the average viewer started watching football when Coventry were top flight. You'd have to have been born in quite a narrow time frame for that to be true of Oldham. The only comparable case might be QPR, maybe Palace at a push.

Comment

Luton were top flight for ten years from 1982, and finished higher (7th) than Coventry ever did. But by getting relegated just before the Premier League, and generally being extremely unpopular throughout their time there (plastic pitch, Tory chairman, away fan ban, horrible place), their former status rarely gets a shout.

Comment

My first Panini sticker album was Football 85 so Luton, Oxford etc are all "top flight clubs fallen on hard times" to me

Comment

Originally posted by jwdd27 View Post
                                        Luton were top flight for ten years from 1982, and finished higher (7th) than Coventry ever did. But by getting relegated just before the Premier League, and generally being extremely unpopular throughout their time there (plastic pitch, Tory chairman, away fan ban, horrible place), their former status rarely gets a shout.
                                        Coventry, while generally abysmal through the decades, did finish sixth in 1970 and seventh in 1989.

Thirty-Four years in the top flight is an awfully long time, though. When we were relegated in 2001, only Arsenal, Everton and Liverpool had been there longer. So the majority of people who make a living from football, aside from the players (that's managers, sportswriters, commentators, pundits, etc.) would have grown up with Coventry as established members of the top flight.

Comment

Originally posted by TonTon View Post
                                          Hope the Mighty Dons put another nail in his coffin today...
                                          Reader, they did.

Comment

This, from last night’s Wimbledon v Bradford game, is one of the most bewildering decisions I have ever seen. The referee blew his whistle then awarded...a free kick outside the box :

https://twitter.com/alexmoss__/status/1047226078601854978?s=21

What makes it worse was that Bradford’s goal for the 0-1 win was a penalty when the contact was minimal and possibly outside the box (though I need to see footage of that to be sure).

Comment

How the fuck were Barnsley unable to beat Plymouth?

Comment

Wimbledon go there on Saturday, I am expecting Argyle to record their first win of the season.

Comment

I'm more hopeful of that than I was this time yesterday.

We won't though.

Comment

This is apparently the highlight from last night's 0-0 triumph for Shrewsbury

https://twitter.com/AleixGwilliam/status/1047221151498481666?s=19

https://twitter.com/AleixGwilliam/st...498481666?s=19

The Shrewsbury team line up was baffling and even the 'Give him 10 games' voices of reason are beginning to doubt the manager.
                                                    Last edited by Patrick Thistle; 03-10-2018, 20:17.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X