SalopChat and other clubs - Division 3 2018-19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Patrick Thistle View Post
    Hmmm. I don't remember people deciding from day 1.
    I can absolutely assure you some did, because I met them.

As for the rest, we could discuss this all day/night, but he's gone, it's over and I can't be arsed.

Mainly because it's just a bloody game.

Comment

The word is that our Chair wants Hurst back and seems to be backed up by other members of staff. The stumbling block is the CEO, who doesn't want us to touch him with the proverbial barge pole.

Likely scenario, Hurst returns, CEO fucks off. Which, would be a bit of a disaster for the Club.

Interesting week ahead in Salop.

Comment

The scuttlebutt on Facebook (and apparently the Wrexham fan boards) is an approach for Sam Ricketts.

Comment

Happy at Wrexham apparently.

We'll see I suppose.

Comment

Gotta say the nonsense on Facebook about the club throwing the play off final is making me question the sanity of other Salop fans.

Comment

Don't read it then..

Mind you B&A is probably not far behind in nonsense.

Comment

Rovers remembered how to win at the weekend mercifully (sorry RdG), but apparently weren't all that convincing. One the main Rovers forum a couple of people have been bemoaning this, pointing out that if Grant McCann is going to make us a top six side then he's got a lot of work to do. We're 8th. Behind 6th only on goal difference.

Comment

On the other hand, Barnsley fans are writing about which players will need replacing when we get promoted.

Barnsley V TheLikesofDoncaster this Saturday.

Comment

Mystifyingly, Wally Downes appears to be the bookie’s favourite for the Wimbledon job. His odds have plummeted in recent days.

He appears to have been a perennial assistant/coach since the turn of the century, normally to Steve Coppell (who he is currently working with at an Indian club) but also with Pardew and Allardyce. His sole actual managerial role with Brentford was 2002-4 but nothing since.

I know he’s a “Crazy Gang legend” but surely it would be a massive retrograde step to hire him. As someone on twitter said, it would make the club a parody of its past.

Comment

Have Bradford appointed yet or are there three technically managerless clubs at the moment?

Comment

David Hopkin is still in charge at Bradford, laat week they sacked Greg Abbott, who was former head of recruitment and an assistant manager under Michael "six games" Collins, who I guess they forgot to sack in September, although he was also treated for cancer earlier in the year so perhaps they were waiting for an all clear before kicking him into touch.
                        They got a point away to high flying Peterborough at the weekend.

I have a new Bradford supporting colleague, who replaced another Bradford supprtong colleague who was equally keen to make sure I am kept up to date with Valley Parade news. Can't get away from it.

Comment

Hang on, Welsh reserve goalkeeping legend Danny Coyne is Shrewsbury’s caretaker manager (for a second time, it seems)?

Comment

Yep and Town have won 3 games out of 3 under his caretaker leadership

Comment

Which is a lot better than last time when he lost 4 on the bounce.

Comment

Maybe he only deals in 100 per cent records. Whatever happens in the first game sets the tone.

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Thistle View Post
                                  Yep and Town have won 3 games out of 3 under his caretaker leadership
                                  Admittedly one was a Checkatrade game and one was against Conference opposition in the cup.

Comment

And as for the other...

Comment

Originally posted by Artificial Hipster View Post
                                      And as for the other...
                                      Against respected league opposition

Comment

Salop won again tonight, making it 4 wins in 5 games since John Askey was given the boot. If we count Askey's last league game in charge they've won 3 out of their last 4 league games.

Comment

Looking like Sam Rickets from Wrexham for Salop's new manager.

Pissing myself laughing.

Comment

I've noticed this time that people have the knives out already. What is wrong with some Salop fans?

Comment

Which is why I'm pissing myself.

Most are unrealistic in our 'pull', while others know fuck all about how the Club is run and it's long term aim of getting up and coming managers and players in.

All experts mind.

Comment

Originally posted by NickSTFU View Post
                                                Looking like Sam Rickets from Wrexham for Salop's new manager.

Pissing myself laughing.
                                                Don't understand Shrewsbury's logic - he's not got much experience, doesn't come cheap (especially when you factor in the illegal approach), and isn't exactly a crowd-pleaser.

He did well over a very short period of time inheriting a strong squad, and he talks a good game, but it's hardly a stellar CV.

I'm not that arsed about him going. We'll be alright and can hopefully get someone in who can sort out our goal-shy strikeforce.

Comment

Originally posted by Bizarre Löw Triangle View Post
                                                  Don't understand Shrewsbury's logic - he's not got much experience, doesn't come cheap (especially when you factor in the illegal approach), and isn't exactly a crowd-pleaser.

He did well over a very short period of time inheriting a strong squad, and he talks a good game, but it's hardly a stellar CV.

I'm not that arsed about him going. We'll be alright and can hopefully get someone in who can sort out our goal-shy strikeforce.
                                                  The logic is he's seen as an up and coming manager who is mates with goalkeeping coach Danny Coyne and knows youth team manager Eric Ramsey from Welsh FA courses. Having said that he is stretching the up and coming criteria somewhat.

As for the illegal approach, well how 'connected' are you then? There is speculation about this and I wouldn't put past anyone in football to speak to the agent first, or ask Coyne to give him a ring as a mate like. We approached Wrexham, they turned down the original offer, then went back with the amount to trigger the clause. Could have got lucky I suppose...

Comment

Originally posted by NickSTFU View Post
                                                    The logic is he's seen as an up and coming manager who is mates with goalkeeping coach Danny Coyne and knows youth team manager Eric Ramsey from Welsh FA courses. Having said that he is stretching the up and coming criteria somewhat.

As for the illegal approach, well how 'connected' are you then? There is speculation about this and I wouldn't put past anyone in football to speak to the agent first, or ask Coyne to give him a ring as a mate like. We approached Wrexham, they turned down the original offer, then went back with the amount to trigger the clause. Could have got lucky I suppose...
                                                    Should be clear, that's speculation but it all seems incredibly dodgy to me.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X