Names on shirts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Names on shirts

I've just had a really horrible thought. Who do we think will be the first player to have an emoji or symbol on the back of their shirt instead of their name?

You know if it's Neymar or Pogba the authorities will let it happen.

The Player Formerly Known As Kevin-Prince Boateng?

Comment

If anyone requested on their shirt, I would print it as U+1F602

Comment

Is this really something to worry about?

Comment

It's speculation. We do a bit of that on here.

I remember some low-level dissent when Leeds Utd introduced that yellow 'LU' badge design during the seventies. So, if it does happen, people can just blame them.

(Actually, didn't Gazza talk of having 'G8' on his shirt at one point?)

Comment

The Leeds thing with the socks. Everyone on the pigeon message list went spare about those. Eventually.

Oh, and Kaka.

Comment

Originally posted by EIM View Post
              Inter had their players' instagram handles on their shirts a few months ago. So yes.

Comment

Oh no! Instagram handles!

I hear some of them have haircuts and do silly dances too. Game's gone to the dogs.

Comment

Originally posted by Jah Womble View Post
                  (Actually, didn't Gazza talk of having 'G8' on his shirt at one point?)
                  He did try to adopt that moniker for a while, but it never caught on. But it was long after he'd finished playing.

Comment

Originally posted by EIM View Post

Yeah, this all feels a little like the Harry Enfield character who get's preemptively very angry about some imagined future slight from a celebrity.
                    Last edited by Ray de Galles; 05-06-2018, 10:50.

Comment

What's Instagram?

Comment

Originally posted by Rogin the Armchair fan View Post
                        What's Instagram?
                        It's a special camera where you don't have to take the film to the chemist.

Comment

I'd say this Hashtag United have a very high probability of entertaining such nonsense.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post
                            Yeah, this all feels a little like the Harry Enfield character who get's preemptively very angry about some imagined future slight from a celebrity.
                            Pogba getting shit for not doing something entirely imagined by some guy off the internet. Why doesn't he just concentrate on his football?

Comment

Not sure I can detect any real - or preemptive - anger on this thread at all, but that could be me.

Actually, yeah - I'm going to get very briefly angry about the superfluous apostrophe in RdG's 'get's' back there. That'll have to suffice until one of those young showponies puts a bloody emoji on his shirt, the scoundrel.

Comment

Originally posted by Gerontophile View Post
                                Oh, and Kaka.
                                Well if anyone is perfectly suited to having an emoji on his shirt...

Comment

Dave Kitson maybe? Or Gordon Strachan …

Comment

Lawd knows where “get’s” came from, I don’t even think spellchecker could conjure that up.

I think we covered Las Vegas Lights FC’s recent shirts, didn’t we?

Comment

Originally posted by Stumpy Pepys View Post

Dave Kitson maybe?
                                      Shhhh... it's a secret...

Comment

They actually tried this - to an extent - in the FA Women's Super League a few years back, with a designated player from each team having their Twitter handle on their sleeve.

Turns out it was six years back

Comment

Back in the days when Lincoln and Donny were allowed to be at the top...

Comment

Originally posted by Jah Womble View Post
                                            Not sure I can detect any real - or preemptive - anger on this thread at all, but that could be me.
                                            Brian McLair was very angry about it when I met him for tofu earlier. Fair derailed our discussion about the best world food, it did.

Comment

You can't even spell his name right.

Comment

He was wearing a knock off shirt with it misspelled.

Comment

Working...
                                                X