Who will you support?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought it was this one:

(The Robin in Jarrow, South Tyneside - good luck to him today with the 60mph gusts we're getting in the Newcastle area).

Comment

Originally posted by Sean of the Shed View Post
      I'm sure that the ABE on here will find some reason to hate them. Dele Alli dives too much, Gary Cahill is mates with John Terry, Eric Died once shouted at his cat...
      ...because they are your nearest rivals, as is the case with football supporters worldwide.

Comment

Indeed. And long-suffering consumers of their football coverage.

I'm lifelong ABE and don't hate the individual players on the whole, and some I even like(d).

Comment

Tho i did greatly enjoy abusing beckham from 7 or 8 rows back at the only Madrid derby i was able to afford attending

Comment

I've no real personal connection or particular affection for any of the 32,when Ireland aren't in it I usually support the Netherlands or Italy so it'll have to be " loud plucky underdog " Iceland,Denmark for showing us what good football looks like and Spain cause I have them in the office sweep

Comment

Japan for me. And maybe Denmark. I'm not really arsed though.

Comment

England, half-heartedly unless any of their games actually get exciting (I forget what this feels like), and Argentina. I admit to being unsure quite what I'll want to happen if they meet, but that's probably not going to happen if I've read the permutations off my wallchart correctly.

Comment

Originally posted by EIM View Post
                  Might go all in on England. Tinge it with Italia 90 retro ironic revivalism. I've got a World in Motion t-shirt, I can wear that while pining for Lineker's slim, almost female, tanned legs, Gazza's national anthem gurns, Waddle's pumping fists post-Belgium and Bernard Sumners' hair and shades combo.
                  Someone has done today's final score in that style. Ace.

Comment

Look forward to seeing 'Robert Robson' reacting to those pesky 'penalities'. (In some of the games, the graphics people actually added the shoot-out conversions onto the existing match score, IIRC...)

Comment

That graphic has reminded how much I welcome the actual timing being denoted for injury time goals nowadays (i.e. 90+3), rather than just listing them all as 45 or 90. The old way used to really bug me.

Comment

Forgot to mention Mexico. Saw them at Wembley beating Japan in the Olympic semi, and loved the fans...

Comment

Oh you remember all of a sudden now they're playing well. Bloody glory hunter.

Comment

Ask me again at five o'clock...

Comment

Denmark have bored any support I may have had out of me so Portugal are now clearly my most favoured team.

Comment

Working...
                              X