No announcement yet.

Bale Out and Other Summer Transfers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There need to be more footballers built like Lou Costello.

Comment

One for the kids there, Amor.

(Unfortunately I get it.)

Comment

AFCON had moved to the summer, hasn't it?

Comment

Oxford United Sign 22 year old Crusaders winger Gavin Whyte. Duncan?

Comment

Originally posted by hobbes View Post
            AFCON had moved to the summer, hasn't it?
            Has it?

Comment

Yup

Comment

Missed that completely. Erm. Well.

Impact player? I've got nowt now, frankly.

Comment

Team dream boat.

Comment

He really doesn't seem like a Klopp player. A high-line pressing game is pretty well the antithesis of how he plays. But, y'know, good luck to him and given the contract stipulation (I think he had a £20m exit clause on Stoke getting relegated, which was the same fee he initially joined for) he was always going to find somewhere new.

Comment

The BBC are reporting the release fee as being “only” £13m.

Comment

Daley Blind is off back to Ajax, cycling alongside canals, long chunky scarf flowing behind him, stopping occasionally for little coffees as attractive local girls bother him for a photograph, which he is happy to do for them.

Four handsome years at United and I don't know where he plays best or what he's good at, but by God I liked him.

Comment

I also liked him, for some reason I've never been able to place. Maybe it's the Kuyt effect.

Comment

Kuyt looked like he trained banging hammers of his shins for kicks. Proper self-denying Calvinist, no flegs shite.

Comment

Originally posted by EIM View Post
                              Daley Blind is off back to Ajax, cycling alongside canals, long chunky scarf flowing behind him, stopping occasionally for little coffees as attractive local girls bother him for a photograph, which he is happy to do for them.
                              They must be spending some cash to get him and Tadic in, on wages at least. Plus 6m on Zakaria Labyad, and 8m on some lad who was playing for Mechelen. I've not a clue what's going on there, but it doesn't seem very wise. Guess they're still cash-rich from selling Klaassen and Sanchez last season, but it's a lot of money to spend to get knocked out of the Champions League just before the group stages.

Comment

€70m. Yowzer.

Comment

Not sure if this has been touched on in the rest of the thread but I had forgotten (until the Chelsea supporter in the office told me today) that the transfer window in the English leagues now closes on August 9th to coincide with the start of the PL season. That's three weeks from tomorrow, there's going to be something of a panic buying spree in that time, you'd imagine.

Comment

Can't wait to see what Ed Woodward comes home with.

Good job Klopp hates clubs spending so much money otherwise imagine the fees he'd be involved with, eh?

Comment

Football manager in 'irrational hypocrite' shock.

It's a stupid amount of money, mind.

Comment

Is midlife crisis mourinho even going to turn up for training, or is he too exhausted by living the life of a young and single multi-millionaire in Moscow for the last month?

Comment

His eyes looked tired, Berbs. I put it down to jetlag, but he could have been at a Trump piss party I suppose.

I really should share the Falcao fuck up story sometime, talking of looming deadline panic buys.

Comment

Given that Liverpool's current keepers either a) blew a CL final with a couple of howlers, or b) are Simon Mignolet, Klopp'd probably see Alisson as a bargain at 170 million, let alone 70 mil.

Comment

Originally posted by EIM View Post
                                              His eyes looked tired, Berbs. I put it down to jetlag, but he could have been at a Trump piss party I suppose.

I really should share the Falcao fuck up story sometime, talking of looming deadline panic buys.
                                              ooh go ahead. The impression I have is that mendes fucked woodward, told him no-one could be found in all of europe, and then at the peak moment of desparation, he was able to root down the back of his sofa and found a load of incredibly expensive old rope. (and has been seemingly out of favour since then)

Comment

They didn't check with the club secretary about the transfer and arranged with Monaco to pay a loan fee, then gave them extra money to pay for his wages for the year. The idea being that if Monaco paid him during his loan it'd be tax free, so we'd just cover it and it'd all be fine. It came to be sorted very last minute and the club secretary finally saw it and rightly pointed out that HMRC would have something to say about it, but it was too late to renegotiate by that point, so they ended up paying Monaco the extra money and his wages.

Or something very similar to that. We'd had a few beers when this story came out. It was a complete clusterfuck anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by blameless View Post
                                                  Given that Liverpool's current keepers either a) blew a CL final with a couple of howlers, or b) are Simon Mignolet, Klopp'd probably see Alisson as a bargain at 170 million, let alone 70 mil.
                                                  But isn't the story here that Klopp could have avoided much of this expense if he had bought a keeper 12 months ago?

Comment

Well, possibly. But if my auntie had bollocks, she'd still be my auntie but might need to revise her underwear choices.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X