Bale Out and Other Summer Transfers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd listen to that.

Whereas if Cardiff were playing at the bottom of the garden, etc.

Comment

Eleven days after completing the signing of Benik Afobe from Bournemouth, Wolves have sold Benik Afobe to Stoke.

Comment

Exeter lose one of our Jordans: Storey to Preston. For an "undisclosed fee".

I miss the days when you knew that selling your best players meant that you got new goalposts and a lick of paint for the tea hut in return. Disclose those fees, dammit.

Comment

Absolutely.

Other transfer pet peeves:
          - Clubs announcing a signing "subject to a medical/a work permit" Leicester did it with their signing of Ricardo Pereira the other day. Just wait until it's sorted - the signing stories get written then half the time they don't bother to post the update and so you're left wondering whether the deal actually gone through. Or the deal is confirmed a day or so later and you get the same story written up twice.
          - Loans with a compulsory purchase at the end of it (i.e. Afobe). What's the point? Just sell the player, you dicks.

Comment

I'm fairly sure the compulsory purchase at the end of a loan will be some accounting trick.

Comment

In the Afobe case it's because a player can't be permanently transferred twice in the same transfer window.

Comment

Some Brazilian transfer news. Flamengo are top of the league but they’ll have to resume after the World Cup without 2 or possibly 3 of their attacking players. Vinícius Júnior has turned 18 and will finally join Real Madrid and Felipe Vizeu is off to Udinese.

And there’s a rumour that Man City have put in a 200m Reais (£40m) bid for Lucas Paquetá.

Comment

Brentford have signed England U21 international Ezra Konsa from Charlton for a fee rumoured to be about £2.5m, beating off competition from Liverpool, Everton and Brighton.

I’m hoping he’s a replacement for Andreas Bjellend who is out of contract and it’s not a sign that Chris Mepham is to be sold for about four times that amount.

Comment

My mate's son just signed for Bradford (from Bayern Munich reserves)

Comment

Well, well, well, Arsenal have signed a defensive midfielder

Comment

Originally posted by cantagalo View Post
                        I’m hoping he’s a replacement for Andreas Bjellend who is out of contract and it’s not a sign that Chris Mepham is to be sold for about four times that amount.
                        *snigger*

Comment

The big transfer talking points for Shrewsbury fans yesterday was 2 former Shrewsbury players moving on, meaning sell on clause money for Town. Connor Golding from Brighton to Rangers and Ryan Woods from Brentford to West Brom.

Comment

Originally posted by ad hoc View Post
                            My mate's son just signed for Bradford (from Bayern Munich reserves)
                            Isherwood? Is he any good? (His son, not your mate)

Comment

I hope he is, to be honest I've never seen him play, just got updates from his dad. He's part of a strong generation of young Swedish players - the U21 team were European champions in 2015, which is slightly before Tommy's time, but he is a fairly part of the various levels - I know he's played at u19 and u20. I suspect he's one of these players who is a star up until around 18 but then hasn't really kicked on (he's 20 now) . Obviously he'll have had a good support network and training at Bayern, so I'm going to guess that he'll do well at Bradford. Seems like he had the choice between Bradford and Rangers, but chose Bradford for the prospect of more likely first team football. which is an attitude I like.

Comment

He should get some time in the first team. I suspect he'll be 4th or 5th choice behind some very experienced defenders to begin with.
                                We've had a few players over from Germany since Rupp and Rahic took over and they have mostly been awful, this lad seems more promising though.

Comment

Originally posted by ad hoc View Post
                                  Seems like he had the choice between Bradford and Rangers, but chose Bradford for the prospect of more likely first team football. which is an attitude I like.
                                  Or maybe he just thought Steven Gerrard was a massive twat.

Comment

Like Neasden for real-life Irish emigrants, appears to be obligatory now for LoI players to join Preston, with Graham Burke the latest:

https://mobile.twitter.com/pnefc/sta...59581032075265

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Thistle View Post
                                      The big transfer talking points for Shrewsbury fans yesterday was 2 former Shrewsbury players moving on, meaning sell on clause money for Town. Connor Golding from Brighton to Rangers and Ryan Woods from Brentford to West Brom.
                                      Hold on. Ryan hasn’t moved yet. I mean, he probably will but West Brom will have to improve their bid by quite a bit. Same goes for Romaine Sawyers. West Brom appear to think it’s a two for the price of offer.

Comment

I can't see West Brom as a good move really. (And, yes, it was just excitable fans hoping for a cash windfall)

Comment

Ryan still has 2 years on his contract but I think you’ll get your windfall this summer, whether it’s from West Brom or someone else. But Brentford no longer let players go for below their market price. And sometimes for above it if the purchasers are mugs like Birmingham or Villa.

Comment

Forest spending a record £13.2m on a Benfica midfielder. If I were a fan I'd be distinctly worried - what sort of agent shenanigans are going on there? Although some would say it worked for Wolves...

Comment

According to the Scottish Sun, big Laugherty is interesting Apollon and Jagielka Bialystok. The Belarus border outfit an interesting contrast to his previous travels, shagging the chairman's daughter in every port from Sicily to the Caucasus

Comment

Lincoln have signed left back Harry Toffolo after his release from Millwall. Seems to be highly rated, a former England U-20 international. At least it brings some competition at left back and gives us more balance. Rumour is that we'll be after Michael O' Connor following his release from Notts County, though i'm sure there will be a few teams interested in him.
                                                Paul Farman has left and joined Stevenage. He was unlucky to have been dropped last season, but at least he's still in the football league. Was pivotal to our success in the Conference and during the FA Cup. Very popular with the fans and in the dressing room. Decent keeper.

Comment

Michael O'Connor. Coulda been an international contender. But sadly wasn't.

Comment

Griezmann is copying LeBron and announcing his next club in a TV special, just about to air. He's even calling it La Decisión, like LeBron's "The Decision."

It's worth pointing out that LeBron regrets doing it the way he did now.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X