Bale Out and Other Summer Transfers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bale Out and Other Summer Transfers

After Gareth Bale's come and get me plea on Saturday night the rumours have started on where he'll go next.

There is also going to be a player who stars in the world cup and gets a big money move then flops.

Originally posted by Antepli Ejderha View Post
    There is also going to be a player who stars in the world cup and gets a big money move then flops.
    English fans everywhere (apart from maybe Jah Womble) hoping that it's Harry Kane.

Comment

Always good to see folk spending their time so constructively.

(Smiley thing.)

Comment

After the 2002 world cup there were stories in the Irish media linking Gary Breen with a move to Inter Milan, all bollocks of course but I'd love to have seen that

Comment

English fans everywhere (apart from maybe Jah Womble) hoping that it's Harry Kane.
          I'd rather he stays where he is and flops.

Anyway, WOOHOO! Liverpool have signed Fabinho! YES! WOOOOOOO!
          Whats that? Who's Fabinho?
          Literally no idea. But he's costing £40m so he must be good. Or something.

Comment

Originally posted by hobbes View Post
            Who's Fabinho? Literally no idea.
            One of the few players to stay at Monaco after last year's exodus. Usually plays right back but can also cover in defensive midfield. I think the latter will be his main role under Klopp - he's effectively the Emre Can replacement.

Comment

He's bald! How does that replace Can? Can is dreamy with awesome locks.

Comment

Kevin Wimmer leaves Stoke on loan with a potential permanent deal, he's off to Hannover.

Comment

No fee, I presume. Given the wages and length of contract that must have come with an £18m move between (then!) Premier League clubs, he is going to be costly for both Stoke and Hannover without there being and transfer of funds between the two. Give the guy credit for not simply sticking around and collecting his shillings for another four years, though.

Comment

In a deal already done Ricardo Peirera is looking like a decent signing - hopefully to replace the ever-more incident prone Danny Simpson at right back. Hopefully a centre half or two will be on Puel's shopping list too as well as a possible replacement for Mahrez; though Gray or Diabate could step in/up.

Comment

Brighton have signed two already - defender Leon Balogun from Mainz on a free and striker Florin Andone from Deportivo for a touch over £5m. We've been chasing Andone for a while, but I don't really know much about either player.

Comment

I have my doubts about Andone's ability to cut it in the Premier League. He had one good season in the Spanish second division a couple of years ago for which he got called up to the Romanian squad for Euro 16, but he hasn't really set the world alight in the Primera. I hope I'm wrong

Comment

Gareth McAuley (38 1/2, currently sunning himself by both the Pacific and Atlantic), confirms he'll play on if released by Albion. Possibly abroad, and it doesn't necessarily have to be sunny

Comment

Originally posted by hobbes View Post
                            Who's Fabinho?
                            Literally no idea.
                            Clearly a name made up by a 12 year old playing on Football Manager. Along with Skillo and Megainho

Comment

Lincoln have already signed Bruno Andrade on a 2 year deal from Boreham Wood. Very exciting first signing of the season (if one discounts Neal Eardley agreeing proper terms).

Comment

Joe Hart dumps his agents after being badly advised on his loans to Torino and West Ham.

Liverpool are probably looking for a new keeper, Joe.

Comment

Not even in jest, Eggy.

Comment

Originally posted by RobW View Post
                                    Lincoln have already signed Bruno Andrade on a 2 year deal from Boreham Wood. Very exciting first signing of the season (if one discounts Neal Eardley agreeing proper terms).
                                    Good to see. Andrade, was at QPR since his early teens. Like all of our kids he never got a look in during the Hughes/Redknapp era and was basically pushed out the door. I'm happy to see him back in league football, still only 24.

Comment

Originally posted by Eggchaser View Post
                                      Joe Hart dumps his agents after being badly advised on his loans to Torino and West Ham.

That could be a) an exceptionally wise decision, or b) hilarious, and either way, I'm fine with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Eggchaser View Post

How was he badly advised? West Ham on paper was a good move, a solid premier league team and going as number one, Hart fucked up not his advisers.

Comment

Originally posted by ad hoc View Post
                                          I have my doubts about Andone's ability to cut it in the Premier League. He had one good season in the Spanish second division a couple of years ago for which he got called up to the Romanian squad for Euro 16, but he hasn't really set the world alight in the Primera. I hope I'm wrong
                                          He was linked with Burnley last summer for over twice the £5m Brighton have paid for him.

Comment

Is Fabinho going to make me a little wet with his perfect positioning, Duracell bunny intercepts and perfect (legal) vicious tackles? I’ve missed Mascherano so much, what him and Alonso did to make Proud Unionist Stevie look all that and not have to worry about three quarters of a normal midfield player’s role.

Comment

Cheltenham are getting things done early, having made 6 signings already this summer:

Johnny Mullins - Centre-back from Luton. Captain material and someone to shore up our disaster of a defence last season.

Chris Hussey - Left-back who we've been linked with a number of times over the years. Played for Sheffield Utd, Bury and Burton, and had time on loan at Swindon where he's allegedly punched a supporter which has resulted in a lengthy ban that take in the first 4 games of the 18/19 season.

Ryan Broom - Young midfielder from Bristol Rovers. Spent time on loan at Eastleigh last season and it appears a number of Rovers fans felt he should have been given a new deal there.

Ben Tozer - Midfielder from Newport - Harry Pell's replacement. Always played well against us, so good to have him on our side rather than against.

Conor Thomas - Midfielder who's just had a season in India with Robbie Keane's team (I haven't looked them up). Previously with Swindon, Coventry and Liverpool

Alex Addai - Young winger from Merstham. He's played a couple of trial games and we're hoping he's a new Mo Eisa, who was signed from Greenwich Borough last season and scored 23 goals for us in the league last season.

Comment

He went to Colchester for £100k. Sorry to see him go as he really immersed himself in the community and with the fan base, but he went off the boil last season and doesn't tend to stay anywhere for longer than a couple of years.

I've never seen that about Addai, but then I haven't really looked into him too much. He had a couple of trial games and apparently had pace to burn - as we had success with Mo Eisa this past season it looks like we're clinging to the hope that we've found another rough diamond.

Comment

Working...
                                                X