Clear All

Bbc Censorship

A lot of it about, currently, apparently

https://twitter.com/frankieboyle/status/997852329838829568

I'm sure he'll resign in protest

Comment

Would you rather he didn't mention it?

Comment

They left in the 'Labour is institutionally anti-semitic' and didn't cut Baddiel's erroneous misreading from a poll that 28% of Corbyn supporters believed that the World is run by a secret elite of Jews.

But, 'impartial'...

Comment

Originally posted by Nefertiti2 View Post
          A lot of it about, currently, apparently

https://twitter.com/frankieboyle/status/997852329838829568
          Has he published them elsewhere? Would be interesting to see what he's not allowed to say.

Comment

Originally posted by johnr View Post
            They left in the 'Labour is institutionally anti-semitic' and didn't cut Baddiel's erroneous misreading from a poll that 28% of Corbyn supporters believed that the World is run by a secret elite of Jews.

But, 'impartial'...
            What was so erroneous about it? It's still 28% of Corbyn supporters believing the sort of shite that's traded in far-right circles.

Comment

The Yougov poll Done in August 2015 said t hat 28 percent of Corbyn supporters polled said yes to the question "do you think the world is controlled by a secretive elite?"

(So did 16 percent of Yvette Cooper's supporters.)

No mention of Jews.

Depending on how you define "controlled", "secretive" and "elite" I could certainly agree to that statement.
              I don't think you can assume that that 28 percent believe" the sort of shite that's traded in far right circles" or that you can assume that all those 28 percent are antisemitic.
              Last edited by Nefertiti2; 20-05-2018, 07:05.

Comment

You can get to that conclusion simply by having read a couple of history books, written from the marxist historical perspective. History is traditionally a long list of events where a psychopathic elite do horrendous things to the huddled masses, and then get the huddled masses to do horrendous things to other groups of huddled masses at home and abroad, through Divide and Rule. I'm not sure where the Jews are supposed to come into it. They've generally been firmly in the huddled masses camp, and traditionally been one of the groups that the huddled masses have been turned on, in order to make everyone forget that they're living in a hole in the ground and eating stones.

That question doesn't mean what people say it means.

Comment

Originally posted by Nefertiti2 View Post
                  The Yougov poll Done in August 2015 said t hat 28 percent of Corbyn supporters polled said yes to the question "do you think the world is controlled by a secretive elite?"

(So did 16 percent of Yvette Cooper's supporters.)

No mention of Jews.

Depending on how you define "controlled", "secretive" and "elite" I could certainly agree to that statement.
                  I don't think you can assume that that 28 percent believe" the sort of shite that's traded in far right circles" or that you can assume that all those 28 percent are antisemitic.
                  Yes except secretive elite is on quite a lot of occasions defined as Jews.

Comment

Yes, but far from all. The Bilderberg Group is real, and despite it's name not Jewish in essence. That could easily be what people saying 'yes' were thinking of. It's impossible to separate that out, given the survey question used.

Comment

After all, the leading figures of the Illuminati are Beyoncé and Jay-Z

Comment

(ti Janik) Indeed. To me, Mandelson is part of a 'secretive elite', in that he seems to be one of those fellas that operates in the margins, and on boats with Deripaska, Osborne and Rothschild. One of those is Jewish, of course, but I'd have answered 'yes' to that question without even considering that factor (whether I'd have been right to answer 'yes' of course, is another thing...).

The overriding point though, is what mindset/rules do the programme editors follow that takes out comedic criticism of a state, but leaves in an incorrect stat that by association deliberately smears about 100,000 people with the accusation of anti-semitism.

Comment

Originally posted by johnr View Post
                          (ti Janik) Indeed. To me, Mandelson is part of a 'secretive elite', in that he seems to be one of those fellas that operates in the margins, and on boats with Deripaska, Osborne and Rothschild. One of those is Jewish, of course, but I'd have answered 'yes' to that question without even considering that factor (whether I'd have been right to answer 'yes' of course, is another thing...).

The overriding point though, is what mindset/rules do the programme editors follow that takes out comedic criticism of a state, but leaves in an incorrect stat that by association deliberately smears about 100,000 people with the accusation of anti-semitism.
                          actually with George Osborne's recent discover that his maternal grandmother was Jewish they are all Jewish.

But the bigger point still stands, jeanmid. you can't retrospectively apply the term to define 26 percet of Corbynites as antisemitic

Comment

Mandelson is Jewish? Genuinely, I never knew that.

Comment

Hiis grandfather founded a synagogue in Harrow and his father worked for the Jewish Chronicle.

However, given that his mother was a Gentile who does not appear to have converted, the more orthodox would not consider him to be.

Comment

From what Frankie's described, I can see two possible issues with editorial guidelines - a Contentious Subjects issue where a presenter is expressing a strong personal point of view (possibly without that view being challenged?) and a Tragic Events issue where jokes are being made about a news event with significant loss of life.

That the editorial guidelines, er, have their flaws, and Frankie is a genius goes, to my mind, without saying.
                                Last edited by Lucy Waterman; 20-05-2018, 17:17.

Comment

Incidentally, I reckon I can identify the person who would have made this decision, and can't imagine they would consider themselves pro-Israeli.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucy Waterman View Post
                                    That the editorial guidelines, er, have their flaws, and Frankie is a genius goes, to my mind, without saying.
                                    Agree.

I think he'd do well to explain the guidelines on his feed, otherwise it might appear that he's choosing to debate the issue with people who are not as informed as him, when he could inform them.

Comment

Would be surprised if he he was familiar with the guidelines, that sort of thing is normally someone else's job.

Comment

Working...
                                      X