No announcement yet.

Your nicknames for players

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For Barnet' the best I can recall are Danny "Return to" Senda and Judy for Jason Puncheon. I think Emil "Needles" Mpenza takes some beating though.

Comment

The composers of Irish folk songs had prescient wisdom: "And it's no, nay, never; no, nay, never Neymar."

Comment

Love Kev's post above about "Jean" Neymar. I can never hear the phrase j'en ai marre though without thinking of Johnny Marr, so I'm immediately picturing Neymar with the latter's haircut, which is quite a thought.

Comment

I always hear his name in the style of Dick Valentine - singer of Electric Six: as in 'Neymar! Neymar! I wanna take you to a...(etc)'

Comment

"That useless bastard" Alberto Moreno. Or sometimes Alberto Moron-o. Depends how sweary he makes me.

Comment

Originally posted by Jah Womble View Post
              I always hear his name in the style of Dick Valentine - singer of Electric Six: as in 'Neymar! Neymar! I wanna take you to a...(etc)'
              You appear to be singing "Gay Bar" to the tune of "Danger! High Voltage". Tsk.
              Last edited by Toby Gymshorts; 21-05-2018, 15:59.

Comment

What are you on about?

Comment

You've conflated two songs by Electric Six.

Comment

How? If I were singing 'Neymar' to Danger High Voltage, it would've come out something like: 'Neymar! Neymar! High voltage! When we touch, when we kiss!'

But I 'wasn't', and it 'didn't'.

Comment

But there is no repetition in "Gay Bar". To make it fit you'd need to sing "Girl! I wanna take you to a Neymar!" or similar.

Comment

What? Of course there is, ffs - the section that goes: 'Girl! I wanna take you to a gay bar! Gay bar! Gay bar! Etc.' Jeez, he only says it about twelve times. ('No repetition', my phat ass...)

Comment

Let me better explain. He doesn't say "Gay Bar, Gay Bar" twice at the start of a line, as you've mentioned above. He does that in "Danger!...".

So you've conflated the two.

Comment

No - let 'me' explain, since I'm the person that both thought of it and posted it. And therefore knows what he's talking about.

I began with the bit that sounds like 'Neymar' - as this is the bit that jumps into my head when I hear his name, ie, the entire thrust of this thread.

I'm sure that if his name sounded like a line from the last verse of The Twelve Days of Christmas, you'd not require me to write out an entire lyric sheet in order to make what is a fairly fatuous point?

Comment

'Neymar! Neymar! I wanna take you to a...(etc)'
                              Those quote marks, eh?

I mean, yes, it's a minor point, but that's how it reads and, indeed, sounds in my head. But at least you know what you're talking about.

Comment

Those are not 'quote marks', they are inverted commas - therefore not quoting from the song in question. Because it isn't about Neymar. Obviously.

I think most people could have had a reasonable stab at my shorthand, yes.

Comment

Mmm hmm.

Comment

Now - how the hell am I going to explain to you how I hear former Stromsgodset winger David Zelvedrummersdrumming's name?

Comment

Repeat it twice, erroneously, at the start of a line?

Comment

I only repeated it once, of course.

If we're insisting on being obtuse.

Comment

I'll be honest, I'm not even sure why I'm arsed.

Comment

Ask your GP.

Comment

Even she would be puzzled.

Comment

Much as I love picking holes in Jah Womble's knowledge of music, you, Toby Gymshorts, are talking out of your arse about the Neymar/Gay Bar thing. It's as wrong as Them Shoes.

Comment

I'm coming to Hamburg to stand on all your holes.

Comment

Now that could be an Electric Six lyric...

Comment

Working...
                                                    X