More Adam Ant gigs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More Adam Ant gigs

19 December at the Roundhouse is selling out fast.

Still no Toronto.

And how does he do a 'singles' tour and not include Wonderful?

Comment

I've seen him do Wonderful a few times, in the encore.

Comment

My Dundas friend is coming to the Roundhouse gig and doing several of the US dates. She's not moaning about the lack of Toronto dates!

I will keep my ear to the ground, though.

Comment

Do people really buy tickets for gigs seven months in advance? It sounds like you're going to be in a crowd of the obscenely organised.

Comment

I hate buying that far in advance but I've starting doing it.

Comment

Pink just went on sale here for next May.

Comment

I'll often buy way in advance for something I really want to go to. The other day I booked tickets for Killing Joke in London in November, but that was mainly because a friend is coming over from the Czech Republic for it so it'd be slightly embarrassing to be locked out after he's bought flights. It does feel oppressive if the calendar gets too heavily populated months into the distant future though.

What I don't understand is why anyone would book tickets up to eighteen months in advance to see an overexposed arena comedian like Michael Mcintyre or Jimmy Carr.

Comment

My friend knitted Jimmy Carr a doll, and he uses it a lot. He instagrams Little Jimmy at every place he goes to.

Which is quite nice. I still wouldn't pay to see him.

Anyway, seats are available at the Adam Ant gig today, it was standing only when I looked yesterday.

Comment

An extra date added for the Roundhouse in December - he's now playing the 19th and 20th.

Did a festival at the weekend.

Comment

Adam’s US tour kicked off last night and was great. Some friends who’ve been to a stack of his shows (four or five each tour) are starting to wish for more variety, but there was a rearrangement of Physical which sounds good.

Did I tell everyone on here that Adam’s mum died? It seems that was fake news.

Comment

He is headlining at Kubix on 11 August. Am attending on strength of of line up-Blockheads Undertones Buzzcocks Peter Hook Boomtown Rats. Matters complicated by NUFC Spurs fixture now 12.30 which could mean mad dash just to catch latter half of Buzzcocks and missing the openers.

Comment

The US tour is done and dusted.

http://www.realclearlife.com/music/a...ure-rock-star/

This is a great piece, he's just the ultimate star now.

Comment

A friend saw the show in Portland and said it was fantastic.

Comment

We saw him in 2016 or '17 and he was great.

Quote of the night from the girl (looking around at the merch table in the lobby): "Just what kind of show have you brought me to?"

Comment

In another overlap, my Dundas pal went to the Astbury (?) Park gig in NJ and filled in the day seeing all the Bruce sights.

Comment

Niiiiice. She saw the Broadway show, too, correct?

Comment

Yes. She’s about equally mad about Bruce and Adam. Adam may slightly edge it and there’s the sense that Bruce will always be there but Adam’s situation is more precarious.

Comment

No “t” is Asbury.

I don’t recall there being enough pilgrimage sites to fill a day, but it’s been a few decades and I was never the most devout.

Comment

Nah. Boardwalk, 'Tillie' and The Stone Pony would probably do it. And he's from Freehold, technically. His boyhood home there just sold.

Comment

http://rocksubculture.com/2018/08/07...review-photos/

A beautiful photo and another nice review.

Comment

Working...
                                          X