• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oceans 8

Rihanna is in it.

That is all.

WHO FUCKING LET JAMES CORDEN IN IT?

Comment

That looks like a fun idea, which, no matter how good they are, will continue to be ....

I trust Rihanna (with dreads).

Bitch better have my money.

Comment

Cate Blanchett, and .. you know, others, including oscar smart mouth, sareua... hang on... that thing with the black guy as a gardener... Sandra Bullock. Oh and others, who are better. (Sarah Paulson. If only someone invented Tilda Swinton, and Toni Collette.)

Well, there you go.

Comment

I enjoyed it. Went on a bit long really and I'd have been happy without the extended cameo from Corden or the 'replay the heist from a different angle to explain it' bit but that's what Oceans films do.

SPOILER BITS BELOW

One plot hole that stood out was the location where the jewels were found. The goons followed her into the loo. They knew she wore the jewels in there. Then they're fished out of the pool in the main room.

Also the crew cutting Anne Hathaway in at the end was a bit rubbish. (As was the reveal of the bonus heist.) I half expected an "I'm alive!" cameo from George at the end.

Comment

It was fine, harmless. Because it was set in NY it didn't really feel like an Oceans film - it lacked some of the fun and glamour. And yes, went on too long. Most of the cast was good, but the plot was - even by Oceans standards - a little flimsy. The kind of film you'd be happy to watch on a plane, or on Netflix on a Thursday evening, but you wouldn't go out of your way to rewatch.

Comment

It was quite nice to watch a film that wasn't full of stupid stunts and punch ups. I remarked on this to Mrs Thistle and she agreed.

I think Cate Blanchett was underused.

Comment

Working...
              X