No announcement yet.

Best Closing Music in TV Shows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How the fuck have you lot got this far into the thread without mentioning Prisoner Cell Block H?
    I despair.

Comment

Originally posted by Lang Spoon View Post
      Songs of Love is the only Divine Comedy song that doesn’t make me want to punch yer man. I actually bought the cassette single of Something for The Weekend despite hating it with the intensity of a thousand suns, cos the b-side was that beauty.
      Minus the burning hatred aspect, I bought the CD single of National Express for similar reasons: there's a stunning cover of Kraftwerk's Radioactivity on the b-side.

Comment

Originally posted by hobbes View Post
        How the fuck have you lot got this far into the thread without mentioning Prisoner Cell Block H?
        I despair.
        For once, I concur. There’s a Chart Music podcast that showcases the Dancehall version. Quite something.

Comment

Originally posted by Satchmo Distel View Post
          The Sweeney's melancholic credits win this for me but what are the others?
          Using a slowed down or minor key version of your main theme as the closing theme seems a bit of a cheat to me. I remember The Young Doctors [cough] doing the same thing.

The US broadcast of Danger Man (Secret Agent) used the Danger Man theme (High Wire) as closing theme and Johnny Rivers' Secret Agent Man as the main theme. So I reckon that wins.

Comment

Blackadder II. Neither mature nor brilliant, but fantastic nonetheless.

And the closing credits of the last episode of Blackadder Goes Forth, which uses the slowed down theme tune to maximum effect.

Comment

Working...
            X