X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best Closing Music in Films

Gene Kelly, Singing in the Rain — A Clockwork Orange
    Andy Williams, Happy Heart — Shallow Grave
    Gary Jules, Mad World — Donnie Darko (spoiled by overexposure, but it packed a punch at the time)

Most obviously, Dame Vera at the end of Strangelove

Comment

Murder by Decree
      FARGO
      Goodfellas
      LOTR Return of the King,in particular Into the west

Comment

Samuel Barber, Adagio for Strings - Platoon

Comment

Buckaroo Banzai - Closing Theme

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8MqJ3iGBdOo

Comment

Somewhere - Love Like A Sunset by Phoenix

Comment

Goodfellas seconded, but #1 has to be Simon & Garfunkel's "The Sound of Silence" at the end of The Graduate, doesn't it?

Pixies, "Where Is My Mind?" - Fight Club

Donovan, "Season of the Witch" - To Die For

Comment

Nat King Cole - All The Time in the World

George Harrison - Dream Away

Comment

Originally posted by WOM View Post
                  Buckaroo Banzai - Closing Theme

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8MqJ3iGBdOo
                  You mean... I'm not alone? Hug me.

Comment

White Zombie, The One - Escape From LA.
                    Marilyn Manson, Rock Is Dead - The Matrix. Mainly because a rehashed Alice Cooper knockoff thinking he is all scary and edgy and filling his every turgid utterance with clever words is the perfect closing soundtrack for a movie that thinks it is deep and original thinking but is a rehash of an old idea spiced up with references that make you shout at the writer/directors "Yes. We get it. You once read a book."

Comment

Still, that soundtrack introduced me to Rammstein so not all bad.

Comment

Fight Club definitely, but the Oscar goes to Simple Minds "Don't You Forget About Me" in Breakfast Club

Comment

Originally posted by Snake Plissken View Post
                          You mean... I'm not alone? Hug me.
                          That is not an easy song to find for download.

Comment

I’ve never seen BB to the point it stuck anyways. Is it piss taking funny? I can’t imagine Peter Weller in a comedy. And I can’t seem to find the film even by legal channels.

Comment

It had to be you (Sinatra?) at the end of When Harry Met Sally.

People Are Strange at the end of The Lost Boys

Comment

Banzai isn't a comedy, although there are some very clever and funny jokes. It isn't sci-fi, or a superhero movie or a comic book. It is all of those things and none. It is a film unto itself. You either go with it and get it and understand what it is trying to do, or you think "what is this load of bollocks?" There is no shame in the latter, but I saw it at a 13 year old and fell in love with it.

On the YouTube link sidebar is a link to Kevin Smith talking to John Lithgow and Peter Weller about the film. It's massively entertaining.

Comment

The Star Wars Theme at the end of the decent Star Wars movies.

Surrender at the end of Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2. (And I got choked up by Father and Son just before the end too.)

The end theme of the first Transformers film. Stirring stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Rogin the Armchair fan View Post
                                    It had to be you (Sinatra?) at the end of When Harry Met Sally.
                                    Harry Connick Jr, I think

Comment

Maybe Willie Nelson in Brokeback Mountain, but by then I was sobbing too loudly to listen properly.

Comment

Goodfellas a good call.

The Graduate a better one, the music kicking in after the excruciating long final shot of Ross and Hoffman, as their expressions of elation and excitement fade into "what now?".

Born Slippy .NUXX over the final scenes of Trainspotting was pretty good too.

Comment

The Marcels - “Blue Moon”: An American Werewolf in London

The whole soundtrack is great.

Comment

Good choices on here (of course).

Having just seen it again, the closing song of Wargames (Rubinstein - Edge of the World) is great.

And probably mentioned before, but the whole of the end credits of CA: the Winter soldier are great. (Mothersbaugh's end credits song for Thor: Ragnarok is similarly excellent.)
                                            Last edited by matt j; 27-04-2018, 00:19.

Comment

I quite liked Just Like Honey at the end of Lost In Translation. And Ooh La La at the end of Rushmore

Comment

We Have All The Time In The World (instrumental) at the end of On Her Majesty's Secret Service

Comment

Finding Nemo (Robbie Williams - Beyond the Sea)

Comment

Working...
                                                  X