Hello . . .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello . . .

Having relegated myself to an occasional lurker I think I might just hang out here a little bit more. Like quite a lot of people, I was sucked away from here not by any deterioration in the quality of the discourse but by the lure of Facebook. However, I'm finding myself having to bite my tongue over there increasingly, or face the prospect of hours and hours lost of my life in back and forth certain topics, or feeling obliged to mediate when friends get into acrimonious disputes as a result of something I've posted (Actually, I never do). I think hostile exchanges on whatever subject are ridiculous, online - face to face, body language alone would ensure mutual goodwill and civility and assurance that you probably agree with your "adversary" about 90% of things. I find it dismaying. So now that I have managed to update my details I think I might chip in now and again here as in the good old days. Plus, the Wing Commander will be hauled out of retirement for what is sure to be yet another World Cup triumph for England this Summer.

Woohoo!

Comment

Huzzah!

Comment

Hello again.

Comment

Yay!

Comment

Glorious.

Comment

Comment

You'd gone?

Actually, only half joking - the thing with Facebook is that once people are on here and there, you often don't realise they have left one or the other. I suppose it is normal enough. If you see someone down the pub often, you don't then think "I tell you what, I haven't seen Dave at Lidl for ages"

Comment

Welcome back, old son!

Comment

Hoo and, indeed, Ray!

Comment

Wenger quits, Wingco returns.

Hiring the plane worked.

Comment

The king over the water.

Comment

Yay! Now for Taylor and Kulkarni. I fear SR ain’t never coming back.

Comment

Marvelous. Welcome back, wingco

Comment

Originally posted by Gerontophile View Post
                              I saw them live at Pontins Camber Sands in around 1973, performing this. On the same stage some 35 years later I saw Sonic Youth. I found it strange.

Welcome back, wingco, looking forward to your match reports very much.

Comment

Originally posted by Bordeaux Education View Post
                                You'd gone?

Actually, only half joking - the thing with Facebook is that once people are on here and there, you often don't realise they have left one or the other. I suppose it is normal enough. If you see someone down the pub often, you don't then think "I tell you what, I haven't seen Dave at Lidl for ages"
                                He left Lidl a few months ago actually, some sort of row over pay I think. Steve said he's working down the Council now, but I don't know what he's doing.

Comment

A hearty Guzman to wingco, looking forward to the match reports for England and possibly other nations.

Comment

Is that wingco guy the Croatian dude from Sweden? If so, welcome back.

Comment

Great news indeed, welcome back wingco.

Comment

That's PPV aka gonzo, the AC Milan fan, I think not wingco.

To G-Man obviously.

Comment

Originally posted by Antepli Ejderha View Post

To G-Man obviously.
                                          I thought wingco was the Kipper who supports the same team as I do. Whoever he is, welcome back.

Comment

Originally posted by Antepli Ejderha View Post

To G-Man obviously.
                                            I suspect that G-Man was trying to wind up wingco.

Comment

Originally posted by Lang Spoon View Post
                                              Yay! Now for Taylor and Kulkarni. I fear SR ain’t never coming back.
                                              Matt P would be nice too.

Comment

Huzzah! Be a good chap and administer a sound thrashing to Seppings on account, would you?

Comment

Originally posted by Gerontophile View Post
                                                  I suspect that G-Man was trying to wind up wingco.
                                                  Oh, didn't know that. Thanks Gero.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X