X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Songs whose title contains the entire lyrics

Kelly Watch The Stars - Air
    Around The World - Daft Punk

Something of a 90s French dance music theme emerging here. Any others, from that genre or elsewhere?

Chromatic Death - S. O. D.

EDIT: Can't find the album version (from Speak English or Die) on YouTube, but the Anthrax cover is there:

That does include a "YEAH" though, which may disqualify it.
    Last edited by Toby Gymshorts; 24-04-2018, 21:23.

Comment

TEQUILA- the champs
      LA LA LA LA-spanish dodgy voting Eurovision winner

Comment

Fuck You by Millie Jackson

Comment

I hate myself for bringing this up, but surely Doop is the only number one single where this is the case AND is also eponymous with the name of the act?

Comment

Number one single, I think so.

LFO by LFO fits the original brief.

Comment

Originally posted by Janik View Post

Something of a 90s French dance music theme emerging here. Any others, from that genre or elsewhere?
              Daft Punk have another one to their name.

Comment

If it's any consolation 3CR, you're not the only one hating you for bringing that one up...

Comment

I need to see the Ruel Fox Doop gif that someone did on here once upon a time.

Comment

What a thread that was. Unfortunately the gif, created by Jimmy Bignutz, isn't there any more.

https://www.onetouchfootball.com/sho...l=1#post810640

Comment

New Day Rising from the album New Day Rising by Hüsker Dü.

Comment

All the lyrics of the song and the name of the album to boot! Cal is winning.

Comment

Originally posted by Janik View Post

Air are Daft Punk AICMFP. They just put crash helmets on and crank everything up.

Comment

Originally posted by Sits View Post
                            Air are Daft Punk AICMFP. They just put crash helmets on and crank everything up.
                            And Justice are just Air with wigs and stick-on moustaches. All French EDM duos are the same two men... we're through the looking glass here, people.

ADDENDUM: One of Daft Punk is definitely also one of Stardust... they just added one more bloke to throw people off the scent. I think that bloke is probably Supermen Lovers.

Comment

I thought I'd got another with Fatboy Slim's Right Here Right Now, but there's another line - a clipped female voice saying 'Waking up to find your love's not real'.

Comment

Let's just appreciate the video to RHRN, though.
                                https://youtu.be/F7jSp2xmmEE

Comment

Manfred Mann should've just stuck with the title lyrics for 5,4,3,2,1 imo.

Comment

Another couple of close-but-no-cigar efforts from Norman.

Fatboy Slim - "Going Out Of My Head"

Going out of my mind
                                    Going out of my mind
                                    Going out of my mind

Fatboy Slim - "Slash Dot Dash"

Slash dot dash dot slash dot dash dot slash dot dash dot slash dot com,
                                    Slash dot dash dot slash dot dash dot slash dot dash dot slash dot com, Dot com, Dot com, Dot dot dot, Dot com,
                                    Slash dot dash dot slash dot dash dot com, Dot com, Dot com,
                                    Slash dot dash dot slash dot com,
                                    Slash dot dash dot slash dot dash dot dot dot dot com,
                                    Dash dot dash dot dash dot com,
                                    Slash dot dash dot slash dot dash dot, Dot Dot Dot, Dot com,
                                    Dash dot dash dot dash dot com,
                                    Slash dot dash dot slash dot dash dot, Dot Dot Dot, Dot com,
                                    Dash dot dash dot dash dot com

Comment

OK, I had to cheat to find them but since he has several very close ones I decided to trawl through Fatboy Slim lyrics.

Comment

Mouldy Old Dough - Lieutenant Pigeon

Comment

Are we counting vocal stylings like 'do-be-dos' and 'sha-la-las' as lyrics?

If not, then Mah-Na-Mah-Na by either Piero Umiliani or The Muppets.

On the other hand, I wouldn't know where to start with this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tUWOAJ0My9I

Comment

...and if we're excluding samples, then PWEI's There Is No Love Between Us Anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Jah Womble View Post
                                              Are we counting vocal stylings like 'do-be-dos' and 'sha-la-las' as lyrics?
                                              I don't see why not. The third post of the thread included one such song.

Woo Hoo as covered by The 5.6.7.8's is another close but no cigar effort. I think the recorded version has a 'yeah' in there somewhere, and live versions sometimes have that or a 'hey' added in.

Comment

Okay, well in that case scratch Mah-Na-Mah-Na.

It'd have been a bit facile to include that title wording and not the 'do-do do-do-dos', to be honest.

Comment

They Might Be Giants - Minimum Wage

Comment

Working...
                                                  X